Profile Tags

Josiah Wallingford

The one big thing I see missing from custom profile fields is tags. Here is an example of how this would be used:

• You run a site, something where your users all have special skills they are proficient at. The admin could set up a custom tag profile field called "Skills".
  • Your members could then add skills they are proficient at in their profile.
  • The admin could then put a block on the site for that profile field "Member Skills" in which all the tags or the most popular tags or whatever show up in that block.
  • A user then clicks on one of those tags and a page with a list of members with that tag on their profile shows up.
  • The admin could setup many different tag systems for profiles.

Does something like this already exist?

Waiting MP approval:)

We coded something similar for a client, where you're able to place a widget on your site, then you set the profile field which you want to use ( Select and Radio fields are supported) which will then output all the available options.

When you click on any of the available options, you'll be redirected to a page with all members which have this option selected

What is MP approval?

The widget sounds good. I have to have the tag's ability though because I need my members to be able to write in their own. It would be nice if when the user is writing in their tags it would auto-fill in the tag (give them a list of similar tags) with other tags that have already been created.

11 minutes ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

What is MP approval?

Marketplace Approval

The widget sounds good. I have to have the tag's ability though because I need my members to be able to write in their own. It would be nice if when the user is writing in their tags it would auto-fill in the tag (give them a list of similar tags) with other tags that have already been created.

unfortunately that won't work then

Archived