Jump to content

Community

Fosters Discord Login Handler - Supporttopic


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, SiLink said:

Thank you for creating this, it will be very useful in my community. I've run through all the steps, made the Discord app, got the key, secret etc and entered everything... however when users click Sign Up, click the Discord link, they get UNKNOWN_ERROR on Discord. Is this a known problem or just us? The forum is a week old with the latest version of IPS. We're over at https://www.arcadia.gg if you'd like to test, I can delete your account afterwards.

This sounds like a redirect issue. Did you whitelist the redirect url? I’m now out for today, will take a look at this tomorrow 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First version is going to provide only oauth login (and it's going to be sold for only 10$ early adopter price)  so that people can finally use this feature again. And then we'll include the bot featu

Here you go:  

Posted Images

Just now, Fosters said:

This sounds like a redirect issue. Did you whitelist the redirect url? I’m now out for today, will take a look at this tomorrow 

No worries, it's not urgent ? 

I'm unfamiliar with redirect url whitelisting, could you explain this bit? Do I also need to set anything special once I make the Discord App? I just revealed the secret, copied that and copied the client ID. It's also worth pointing out this is the first time I've set anything that uses alternative logins, is there something else I might be missing? I didn't see anything in the IPS docs.

I also get the error when I try and link my current forum account to Discord.

 

 

Also I thought it'd be worth pointing these out too:

1) When you go to your account, you see this, which is fine:

image.png.3487832222f9ca5cda60e615a86b38a5.png

But when you click Discord, it doesn't find the inverted image:

image.png.4dca237f92f9567a88d12cc66abddc22.png

I also get this, which I assume is broken, in the admin area of Login and Registration > Discord

image.thumb.png.fa1a260e0f6cc29e85385452befc6341.png

Hope it helps!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fosters said:

Yes, you need to set the redirect url to your community on the page where you got the secret key from..

8A92D327-DA4C-44A1-BD78-9CFC3C6757F2.thumb.jpeg.a7e1ee1357758e84dac282c0225ab58d.jpeg

Odd, I don't see that at all on my Discord Login Handler page. It looks slightly broken as you can see from my above screenshot.

I've added https://arcadia.gg/oauth/callback/ as the Redirect URL and it works great now, thank you ? 

Quick question though, do you always have to connect to Discord and see the below message every time? Every time I login with Discord, it brings this up even though I've connected my account each time it asks.

image.png.fc533c4458ad7567e2c7747b40ddb5ec.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

*Begs for help! ;) 

I've installed the app, created the new method, added the Client ID and secret (i.e. set up my app on Discord) - that's as far as I've gotten. I've been reading all of the information here and must confess, I am lost. Can anyone help - give me step-by-step instructions or direct me to documentation that does (something that is more non-tech friendly)? Once I get through it once. I'll be good to go.

I apologize for the problems! 

Thank you all so much! I cannot wait to get the app operational.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stormwolfe said:

*Begs for help! ?

I've installed the app, created the new method, added the Client ID and secret (i.e. set up my app on Discord) - that's as far as I've gotten. I've been reading all of the information here and must confess, I am lost. Can anyone help - give me step-by-step instructions or direct me to documentation that does (something that is more non-tech friendly)? Once I get through it once. I'll be good to go.

I apologize for the problems! 

Thank you all so much! I cannot wait to get the app operational.

I am uploading a tutorial video to youtube right now and will share it on here as soon as it is up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SiLink said:

Awesome, everything seems to be fixed ? ! Thank you very much for making this and for providing a new version so quickly.

It was already fixed for a while, I just haven’t realized that the wrong version was uploaded to the marketplace ☺️ There was some minor chaos with all the  testers and different releases which we gave them, which should be over now ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2018 at 8:33 AM, SiLink said:

Thank you for creating this, it will be very useful in my community. I've run through all the steps, made the Discord app, got the key, secret etc and entered everything... however when users click Sign Up, click the Discord link, they get UNKNOWN_ERROR on Discord. Is this a known problem or just us? The forum is a week old with the latest version of IPS. We're over at https://www.arcadia.gg if you'd like to test, I can delete your account afterwards.

I was able to signup just fine on your site ? (I'm thebronxbomber)

 

 

 

Also, @Fosters, as someone else asked earlier, I'm wondering, is this going to be a separate (a "Lite" version) file than the "full" version of this? Or will the "full" version be an upgrade?

Edited by Fighting 13th
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fighting 13th said:

I was able to signup just fine on your site ? (I'm thebronxbomber)

 

 

 

Also, @Fosters, as someone else asked earlier, I'm wondering, is this going to be a separate (a "Lite" version) file than the "full" version of this? Or will the "full" version be an upgrade?

Neither. There's no light / full version of this app.
The actions are going to be handled by a separate app.

This one is only the login handler.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Fosters said:

Neither. There's no light / full version of this app.
The actions are going to be handled by a separate app.

This one is only the login handler.

Nice!  Will the separate app be able to work both ways with full integration, for instance will there be a way to have messages posted by users on discord in certain channels be posted to certain topics / forums on the forums and likewise be able to be setup where replies and topics and such on the forums get posted to the correct discord channels?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 9:08 AM, Stormwolfe said:

So excited for the other features I can't stand myself.

I do have a question though...

Will they be two separate applications or are you just adding features to the Login Handler?

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

We'll be adding all features to the Login Handler for one app.  

Thank you to all the beta users who are providing feedback to us.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy