Fosters Discord Login Handler - Supporttopic

26 minutes ago, SiLink said:

Thank you for creating this, it will be very useful in my community. I've run through all the steps, made the Discord app, got the key, secret etc and entered everything... however when users click Sign Up, click the Discord link, they get UNKNOWN_ERROR on Discord. Is this a known problem or just us? The forum is a week old with the latest version of IPS. We're over at https://www.arcadia.gg if you'd like to test, I can delete your account afterwards.

This sounds like a redirect issue. Did you whitelist the redirect url? I’m now out for today, will take a look at this tomorrow 

Just now, Fosters said:

This sounds like a redirect issue. Did you whitelist the redirect url? I’m now out for today, will take a look at this tomorrow 

No worries, it's not urgent ? 

I'm unfamiliar with redirect url whitelisting, could you explain this bit? Do I also need to set anything special once I make the Discord App? I just revealed the secret, copied that and copied the client ID. It's also worth pointing out this is the first time I've set anything that uses alternative logins, is there something else I might be missing? I didn't see anything in the IPS docs.

I also get the error when I try and link my current forum account to Discord.

Also I thought it'd be worth pointing these out too:

1) When you go to your account, you see this, which is fine:

image.png.3487832222f9ca5cda60e615a86b38a5.png

But when you click Discord, it doesn't find the inverted image:

image.png.4dca237f92f9567a88d12cc66abddc22.png

I also get this, which I assume is broken, in the admin area of Login and Registration > Discord

image.thumb.png.fa1a260e0f6cc29e85385452befc6341.png

Hope it helps!

6 minutes ago, Fosters said:

Yes, you need to set the redirect url to your community on the page where you got the secret key from..

8A92D327-DA4C-44A1-BD78-9CFC3C6757F2.thumb.jpeg.a7e1ee1357758e84dac282c0225ab58d.jpeg

Odd, I don't see that at all on my Discord Login Handler page. It looks slightly broken as you can see from my above screenshot.

I've added https://arcadia.gg/oauth/callback/ as the Redirect URL and it works great now, thank you ? 

Quick question though, do you always have to connect to Discord and see the below message every time? Every time I login with Discord, it brings this up even though I've connected my account each time it asks.

image.png.fc533c4458ad7567e2c7747b40ddb5ec.png

*Begs for help! ;) 

I've installed the app, created the new method, added the Client ID and secret (i.e. set up my app on Discord) - that's as far as I've gotten. I've been reading all of the information here and must confess, I am lost. Can anyone help - give me step-by-step instructions or direct me to documentation that does (something that is more non-tech friendly)? Once I get through it once. I'll be good to go.

I apologize for the problems! 

Thank you all so much! I cannot wait to get the app operational.

2 hours ago, Stormwolfe said:

*Begs for help! ?

I've installed the app, created the new method, added the Client ID and secret (i.e. set up my app on Discord) - that's as far as I've gotten. I've been reading all of the information here and must confess, I am lost. Can anyone help - give me step-by-step instructions or direct me to documentation that does (something that is more non-tech friendly)? Once I get through it once. I'll be good to go.

I apologize for the problems! 

Thank you all so much! I cannot wait to get the app operational.

I am uploading a tutorial video to youtube right now and will share it on here as soon as it is up.

17 minutes ago, SiLink said:

Awesome, everything seems to be fixed ? ! Thank you very much for making this and for providing a new version so quickly.

It was already fixed for a while, I just haven’t realized that the wrong version was uploaded to the marketplace ☺️ There was some minor chaos with all the  testers and different releases which we gave them, which should be over now ?

On 6/2/2018 at 8:33 AM, SiLink said:

Thank you for creating this, it will be very useful in my community. I've run through all the steps, made the Discord app, got the key, secret etc and entered everything... however when users click Sign Up, click the Discord link, they get UNKNOWN_ERROR on Discord. Is this a known problem or just us? The forum is a week old with the latest version of IPS. We're over at https://www.arcadia.gg if you'd like to test, I can delete your account afterwards.

I was able to signup just fine on your site ? (I'm thebronxbomber)

Also, @Fosters, as someone else asked earlier, I'm wondering, is this going to be a separate (a "Lite" version) file than the "full" version of this? Or will the "full" version be an upgrade?

Edited by Fighting 13th
7 minutes ago, Fighting 13th said:

I was able to signup just fine on your site ? (I'm thebronxbomber)

Also, @Fosters, as someone else asked earlier, I'm wondering, is this going to be a separate (a "Lite" version) file than the "full" version of this? Or will the "full" version be an upgrade?

Neither. There's no light / full version of this app.
The actions are going to be handled by a separate app.

This one is only the login handler.

21 hours ago, Fosters said:

Neither. There's no light / full version of this app.
The actions are going to be handled by a separate app.

This one is only the login handler.

Nice!  Will the separate app be able to work both ways with full integration, for instance will there be a way to have messages posted by users on discord in certain channels be posted to certain topics / forums on the forums and likewise be able to be setup where replies and topics and such on the forums get posted to the correct discord channels?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 9:08 AM, Stormwolfe said:

So excited for the other features I can't stand myself.

I do have a question though...

Will they be two separate applications or are you just adding features to the Login Handler?

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

We'll be adding all features to the Login Handler for one app.  

Thank you to all the beta users who are providing feedback to us.