Idea: Show list of all types of followed content

evandixon

I got an email from a user who's been receiving digest emails and would like them to stop. Seeing that he already unsubscribed from newsletters, I checked the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, which led to https://(our IPS install)/followed/?filter=digest. This is what I see:

image.thumb.png.93fa0cb9c2a6c2431ec0d159885361fb.png

At a glance, it looks like he's not following anything. However, after clicking all the links on the side, I found that he's following a single forum topic. It would be nice if there was an aggregate view of all followed content to improve the UX of unsubscribing from notification emails.

On 5/20/2018 at 10:53 PM, Jennifer M said:

@evandixon Regarding the newsletters, that is specific for the staff sending them contact, not their followed content. Did they choose to "Do not send me notifications" and still received notifications:

image.png

He set these settings, a year or two after following a thread:

image.thumb.png.2a1406963f2bd77e899a84b63fc93e7a.png

This appears to apply only to new content and not previously-followed content, which was hidden in one of the sidebar links in the first post.

I got another email from this guy asking to be unsubscribed. Turns out that once you follow a thread and opt-in to email notifications, this overrides all other notification settings, including unchecking all Email options in the notification settings, and the only way to make it stop is to change the settings for that particular piece of followed content... which is hidden in a list of various types of content that the average user won't want to look through.

Archived