Extended Forum Menu - Supporttopic

Shor update: I was able to reproduce the issue.

You SHOULDN'T place the new navbar extension in the navbar, it's being automatically added as part of the default forums navbar item :)

We're going to release a minor bugfix release later today / tomorrow which will prevent members from placing it into the navbar.

Great. Can't wait for the update. The problem I am having now is that because I already added the apps forums to the menu, I cannot remove it in any way (that I know of) besides disabling the app.

Edit- I just uninstalled and re-installed. All is working well now. Just need to find the setting that allows the mouseover to extend the menu instead of having to click to extend the menu.

Edited by Josiah Wallingford
  • 2 months later...

I may be missing something here but how does this actually work? Where do I find the access to the menu once installed? All I can find is the default main menu with the default options.

Cheers

--[ EDIT ]--

Does this only work on the forum menu or can I use it for my store categories? I'm trying to get this menu to popout in my Store menu item.

Edited by AnonymousDev
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I bought this one plugin from your listing.

Today I did a monitoring scan. I see my IPS install is sending data to your server or website.

Can you tell me what data is being sent from my IPS?

fosters.tech

IP Address 136.243.166.195

Reverse DNS Name www456.your-server.de

Also, this plugin behaves erratically. when mousing over the forum menu, the drop-down menu vanishes. very unusual. 

Edited by beats23
On 8/5/2018 at 6:31 AM, AnonymousDev said:

Does this only work on the forum menu or can I use it for my store categories? I'm trying to get this menu to popout in my Store menu item.

Only Forum Menu

1 hour ago, beats23 said:

Hi, I bought this one plugin from your listing.

Today I did a monitoring scan. I see my IPS install is sending data to your server or website.

Can you tell me what data is being sent from my IPS?

fosters.tech

IP Address 136.243.166.195

Reverse DNS Name www456.your-server.de

Also, this plugin behaves erratically. when mousing over the forum menu, the drop-down menu vanishes. very unusual. 

We're absolutely not sending any data from clients boards to us, I've just double and tripple checked the code and couldn't find anything. Is there a way to see the full URL which is being called? I guess that's our old version check to fosters.tech/projects/project/23-menu/?do=recentVersion  which is a default IPS feature, allowing IPS and 3rd party applications, plugins and themes to compare the last available version data with the currently installed one.

If you're worried about this, you could just remove it

@Fosters

Hi, I don't know the full URL 
This is all the info I got from my port scanning tool.
fosters.tech -IP Address    136.243.166.195
    Reverse DNS Name    www456.your-server.de

I made a mistake I also have your https://invisioncommunity.com/clients/purchases/66410-page-authors/

Maybe it's that one calling home.

Can you tell me how to remove the call-home links?

Here is a video for the forum menu plugin behaving erratically. It behaves like that on a clean install.
Could you fix it,  are you able to code it,  if the top of the main forum button is clicked the page will go to the main forum, the drop-down menu only show if the lil down arrow is clicked?

https://www.hippovideo.io/video/play/ylRJQjbcOOrphTUC7nMbJA

Edited by beats23
7 hours ago, Fosters said:

None is calling home, that's just the version check. To remove it, remove the value from the app_update_check column in the core_applications database table with phpMyAdmin.

Hope this helps:)

Ok I see that check was done by pagescreatepermissions

Can you let me know if the issue with the forum menu plugin can be fixed.

Edited by beats23
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/15/2020 at 11:20 PM, James101 said:

@Fosters - Hello, this does not seem to be working on the forum. Does it only work on default IPS theme?

No, this should work with any themes because it's just a menu extension. Were you able to resolve this yourself? If not, could I please get ACP access to take a look at this?

14 hours ago, Fosters said:

No, this should work with any themes because it's just a menu extension. Were you able to resolve this yourself? If not, could I please get ACP access to take a look at this?

Hey,

On the theme we use on our board, a lot of plugins don't work with it but its something on our end. I ended up removing this plugin and sorted my menu in a different way.
Thank you for your support 🙂

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...