Can you detail these cookies?

Netherlord

Being transparent about all the cookies we set on our site, Some of the ones I found here but there are some I cannot find descriptions for and need to find details on.

Would the staff be able to tell me what these cookies do? I could guess but I want to be accurate.

ips4_clubs_view

ips4_device_key

ips4_emojiSkinTone

ips4_forums_flowIds

ips4_recentEmoji

ips4_IPSSessionSetup

3 hours ago, Netherlord said:

ips4_clubs_view

1677331906_ips4_clubs_view.thumb.jpg.851962afc2e9d4b94f909e9332d5a060.jpg

ips4_device_key

Randomly generated string to load user device or create new if there isn't one

ips4_emojiSkinTone

ips4_emojiSkinTone.jpg.9ef3c7d6db17956f379f42343d6602a7.jpg

ips4_forums_flowIds

ips4_forums_flowIds.jpg.ff1b04d9aa34d73ed9f16a889ff9d8f1.jpg

ips4_recentEmoji

ips4_recentEmoji.thumb.jpg.e87042185f0b23c75228b7872471e238.jpg

ips4_IPSSessionSetup

This cookie contains the ID of your current session.

Thanks @opentype but had already checked that, IPB have far more than three cookies, there is at least the following:

ips4_IPSSessionAdmin
ips4_IPSSessionFront
ips4_acpTabs
ips4_acp_login_key
ips4_device_key
ips4_forums_flowIds
ips4_hasJS
ips4_ipsTimezone
ips4_login_key
ips4_member_id

Also does anyone know where do you edit the default cookie policy page?

6 hours ago, asigno said:

Thanks @opentype but had already checked that, IPB have far more than three cookies, there is at least the following:

ips4_IPSSessionAdmin
ips4_IPSSessionFront
ips4_acpTabs
ips4_acp_login_key
ips4_device_key
ips4_forums_flowIds
ips4_hasJS
ips4_ipsTimezone
ips4_login_key
ips4_member_id

Also does anyone know where do you edit the default cookie policy page?

As opentype said. However that's only for language strings in the template. If you want to edit the actual cookie page you can search 'cookies' in the template editor.

Also here are some of the cookies not included in the default cookie page explained.

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/developing-plugins-and-applications/introduction-to-the-ips-framework/common-cookies-set-by-the-suite-r16/

11 hours ago, Netherlord said:

As opentype said. However that's only for language strings in the template. If you want to edit the actual cookie page you can search 'cookies' in the template editor.

Also here are some of the cookies not included in the default cookie page explained.

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/developing-plugins-and-applications/introduction-to-the-ips-framework/common-cookies-set-by-the-suite-r16/

Great thanks

ips4_IPSSessionAdmin
ips4_acpTabs
ips4_acp_login_key

To start with, these three would only ever be set by the AdminCP, so you shouldn't need to detail these to your user base.

Our default cookie policy page only outlines persistent cookies as I recall, as session cookies are removed once you navigate away from the site.

Thanks @bfarber

It'd be great if the cookie page could be a real page rather than the template. This way it would be much easier for users to add in other third party cookies which are being set by the board. E.g. If you enable viglink they set cookies on the site and currently there is no way to add that info to the cookie page without editing the template file. Also most users will be using third party tracking and can't add that info either. Cheers

Thanks @Jennifer M, I've just updated to 4.3.3

The "Add third party information" selector only allows third parties enabled through the ACP interface. It doesn't allow the addition of third parties which are enabled external to IPB, e.g. if you've hardcoded Google Analtyics or your using GTM with third party tags. 

The "Add third party information" functionality is missing some native third parties integration through ACP e.g. Viglink.

Well if you're just looking to add those you can simply add them at the bottom of your Privacy Policy. We unfortunately cannot predict every use case or every cookie type. As far has missing third party apps that enabled in the ACP we will review those and get them added as that would be a bug.

1 minute ago, asigno said:

Hi @Jennifer M we can't just add them to the bottom of our privacy page. The cookie page has to be separate from the privacy page and there is no current way to add to this without modifying the template.

The cookie page consists of a bunch of language strings. You can easily change them and add to them in the language settings. 

8 minutes ago, opentype said:

The cookie page consists of a bunch of language strings. You can easily change them and add to them in the language settings. 

I could, but it would be much better for everyone using this software if it was a field to populate just like the privacy policy is.

Have a freebie....following plugin install, this will immediately clear the content that is shown on the 'Cookies' page so simply go in to settings and save them (modify content if you wish) so that the content displays again (it's pre-populated with the information that you would have expected to see)

You can then edit without needing to modify the template.

(NE) Modify cookies information.xml

Archived