mdPanel - Material Design IPS Theme [ support topic ]

27 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

ou probably have userbar background color same as Important button background color thats why, this is not a good idea because there is also sign up button in userbar that uses important background color. 

I don't see a "important background color" but I do see "important button" under button colors. If I change that, I do not see a difference in the arrow so I guess it is somewhere else? 

32 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Does it happen with default theme? if so then you might want to report to ips

Yes, it does, I will report. Thank you.

24 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Sorry,

the primary button 

d874068c79508f2e4e02c1eaa0e58843.png

Got it. Looks good now... except I had to change my user bar color which doesn't look great but it will work. It is only an issue on this color pallet option (not my primary theme). So it's not a huge deal. The problem I had was that I chose a color that best contrasts with the same color as my background color. 

Thank you Taman.

1517659003_ScreenshotatMay2610-13-00.thumb.png.cb911e18dd436fcf538d665791740a3a.png

Edited by Josiah Wallingford
Just now, Josiah Wallingford said:

Got it. Looks good now... except I had to change my user bar color which doesn't look great but it will work. It is only an issue on this color pallet option (not my primary theme). So it's not a huge deal. The problem I had was that I chose a color that best contrasts with the same color as my background color. 

Thank you Taman.

1517659003_ScreenshotatMay2610-13-00.thumb.png.cb911e18dd436fcf538d665791740a3a.png

You're welcome ? 

Just now, superaven said:

Hello, was wondering if there's a relatively simple way to make all buttons square instead of border-radius?

Can't seem to find it in the CSS.

Thanks

add in custom.css

.ipsApp.ipsApp_front .ipsButton {
    border-radius: 0 !important;
}

Hello again... Wondering how to change a custom forum icon so it looks more obvious between read and unread states. Basically I made my icon a red circle and the difference between the icon on read and unread forums is almost imperceptible. Unsure if this is a theme thing or an IPS thing.

Thanks! 

Hello again... Wondering how to change a custom forum icon so it looks more obvious between read and unread states. Basically I made my icon a red circle and the difference between the icon on read and unread forums is almost imperceptible. Unsure if this is a theme thing or an IPS thing.

Thanks! 

Custom forum icons have only some opacity effect between read and unread, nothing can be done about this. its not up to me, sorry. 

But, if you use the default forum icons. the read/unread icon colors are connected with this

3e0570e64b77a360f748bc41e58f6795.png

in front-end colors tab

Edited by TAMAN

Got it, thanks... While I'm asking... How would I change the body font with for comments? I like Roboto, but prefer font-weight: 300. Would that be added to the same custom css file?

Yes

body {
	font-weight: 300;
}

Hello,

Been changing colors and making small edits to the mdPanel theme (super awesome by the way) and ran into what I think might be a bug. I've made very few CSS edits and no template changes but am seeing the following behavior when I click the "options" moderator / admin drop down in replies. Seems like the dropdown is on a lower layer than some of the other content so it obscures some selections in the dropdown.

Please send a private message if you need a link or admin access.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 11.26.00 AM.png

12 minutes ago, superaven said:

Hello,

Been changing colors and making small edits to the mdPanel theme (super awesome by the way) and ran into what I think might be a bug. I've made very few CSS edits and no template changes but am seeing the following behavior when I click the "options" moderator / admin drop down in replies. Seems like the dropdown is on a lower layer than some of the other content so it obscures some selections in the dropdown.

Please send a private message if you need a link or admin access.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 11.26.00 AM.png

Hello,

Fixed.

Please re-download the theme and update. ( Updating themes will not revert any customization's if you have done in custom.css and theme settings. ) ? 

Thank you for letting me know.

Have a good day.

Bug report: Appears that hiding posts isn't functioning properly.

Again, do not believe I made CSS changes that affected this, but when hiding a post and viewing in another browser as "guest", I can still see the hidden post.

You should report this to IPS with a ticket. this isn't a theme issue.

I have no idea how or why, but I was just updating a color in the 'frontend' protion of the theme editor and suddenly every variable for all fields and all sections became FFFFFF. I'm really hoping I didn't juts lose all my work. I still have many windows open and wondering if I can recover the CSS and overwrite the file so all the variables revert to what they were before this glitch.

Any clue what could have caused this?

Actually seeing now that even the navigation is on the wrong side like the theme completely reset itself.

Edited by superaven

So more discovery...

When viewing CSS on the borked version almost all the values for hex colors are a hash character (#). Additionally there's other code in there seems to relate to that special character:

box-shadow:0 1px 1px htmlspecialchars( '#', ENT_QUOTES | ENT_DISALLOWED, 'UTF-8', FALSE ), 0px 1px 5px htmlspecialchars( '#', ENT_QUOTES | ENT_DISALLOWED, 'UTF-8', FALSE ) inset ;

I'm guessing that the last color tweak I did, I must of hit the hash instead of the number "3" and it triggered a flaw of some sort that made me lost all of it.

I have a ticket open with IPS support but think I just uncovered a major flaw with their editor.

9 minutes ago, superaven said:

So more discovery...

When viewing CSS on the borked version almost all the values for hex colors are a hash character (#). Additionally there's other code in there seems to relate to that special character:

box-shadow:0 1px 1px htmlspecialchars( '#', ENT_QUOTES | ENT_DISALLOWED, 'UTF-8', FALSE ), 0px 1px 5px htmlspecialchars( '#', ENT_QUOTES | ENT_DISALLOWED, 'UTF-8', FALSE ) inset ;

I'm guessing that the last color tweak I did, I must of hit the hash instead of the number "3" and it triggered a flaw of some sort that made me lost all of it.

I have a ticket open with IPS support but think I just uncovered a major flaw with their editor.

I have never run into that issue before. Can you reproduce it? I have been trying and am not getting that effect.

18 minutes ago, superaven said:

I have no idea how or why, but I was just updating a color in the 'frontend' protion of the theme editor and suddenly every variable for all fields and all sections became FFFFFF. I'm really hoping I didn't juts lose all my work. I still have many windows open and wondering if I can recover the CSS and overwrite the file so all the variables revert to what they were before this glitch.

Any clue what could have caused this?

Actually seeing now that even the navigation is on the wrong side like the theme completely reset itself.

So more discovery...

This could all be a problem in the core themes system on your side

whatever you have done please explain in details in your ticket with IPS. i cant help in relation to these issues you mention because none of this are actually related to my theme.

Honestly I'm scared to even try.

So, I'm still holding out hope but assuming all those variables are stored in the DB and the last backup is out of date. I still have a bunch of browser windows open, but thinking when I view the CSS file, its already loading the borked version.

@TAMAN Yes, the more I look, the more it seems to be an IPS issue and nothing to do with your theme. Just coincidence that I also happened to update your theme a bit before it happened. 

I do have a detailed support ticket open and am waiting now to hear back on it. So discouraging... Literally was fine tuning the last few colors and looks like I just lost a weeks worth of work.

Bummed.

Honestly I'm scared to even try.

So, I'm still holding out hope but assuming all those variables are stored in the DB and the last backup is out of date. I still have a bunch of browser windows open, but thinking when I view the CSS file, its already loading the borked version.

@TAMAN Yes, the more I look, the more it seems to be an IPS issue and nothing to do with your theme. Just coincidence that I also happened to update your theme a bit before it happened. 

I do have a detailed support ticket open and am waiting now to hear back on it. So discouraging... Literally was fine tuning the last few colors and looks like I just lost a weeks worth of work.

Bummed.

I can suggest a simple task to recover your theme color customization you have done

You said that you still have browser windows open when it shows fine. right? so, Try to install this theme again as a new theme.

and open theme editing page from the new one you installed in a new browser window and start copy pasting the color settings from the old one to the new one ? 

Edited by TAMAN