(NE) Pinned Topic Enhancements

v2.0.0 is currently pending approval

• NEW
    • Plugin has been converted to an application
    • Application no longer provides only the 'Collapse' functionality of the plugin version, but now also provides similar 'Separation' functionality to the plugin it was originally created to extend
      • Note: the original separate pinned topics plugin is no longer available for purchase, and is also not officially compatible with IPS 4.6
    • Permission added to control forums in which the separation of pinned topics from other topics is performed.
    • Permission modified to control forums in which separation and collapsing/expanding of pinned topics is performed.
    • Added setting to allow control over the transition effect used (previously was just simple hide/show possible, now has a Fade In/Fade Out option)

v2.1.0 is pending approval

• CHANGES
    • 'Separate' functionality added to 'Questions' forums (was a feature of the original 'Separate' plugin)
    • 'Collapse' functionality added to 'Questions' forums (was a feature of the original 'Collapse' plugin, as a result of the separation)
    • 'Separate' functionality added to the 'Condensed view' of the Forums 'Fluid' topic listing (was a feature of the original 'Separate' plugin)
  • NEW
    • 'Collapse' functionality added to the 'Condensed view' of the main 'Fluid' topic listing in Forums (disabled by default)
    • 'Separate' & 'Collapse' functionality added to the 'Expanded view' of the main 'Fluid' topic listing in Forums (disabled by default)
    • 'Separate' & 'Collapse' functionality added to the 'Fluid' view of a forum
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble with this app. When I edit the admin page, uncheck the All Forums box, hit save, when I come back to the page it's still checked. I'm trying to essentially turn off the Seperate & Collapse feature, but am unable to. It remains checked.

OH ... i did not see this via the Admin Marketplace page:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

• This plugin was created to extend functionality provided by @newbie LAC's existing (NB40) Separate Pinned Topics plugin and therefore requires that you have already purchased and use that plugin.
  • Do not purchase this plugin if you are not already using the above plugin.

Only now saw it when coming to report a bug. I already uninstalled the NB40 plugin, as it was not compatible with 4.6. And of course, now I've paid for this and can't install NB40 anymore! 😞

5 minutes ago, Emediate said:

OH ... i did not see this via the Admin Marketplace page:

You have quoted from the opening post, which was relevant for the original plugin version.

That information is no longer relevant to the application version.

5 minutes ago, Emediate said:

I am having trouble with this app. When I edit the admin page, uncheck the All Forums box, hit save, when I come back to the page it's still checked. I'm trying to essentially turn off the Seperate & Collapse feature, but am unable to. It remains checked.

I'll test it out later.

On 3/8/2022 at 11:02 PM, Emediate said:

So this is fixed?

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
8 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Thanks for the purchase.

I can probably put a setting in to allow you control the default state of the pinned topics section - will look for the next version.

That would be awesome. Having a radio button to toggle it on/off will help anyone who wants it one way or the other. Thanks a lot!

Quick question @Nathan Explosion about the pinned topics? What will happen with paging navigation if there are more than 25 pinned topics? Will there be paging navigation within the pinned topics? I am asking because I want to add quite a few and I want to know what is the behaviour of the application where there are so many.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by OptimusBain
  • 2 weeks later...

@Nathan Explosion I trust you had a great weekend. 

I wanted to ask you whether something is possible with the Pinned Topics.

There is something VERY annoying with how pinned topics. The data displayed in the streams and list of topics DOES NOT correspond to the LAST comment made in the topic. It's annoying because my community focused on the last updates of the topics. So as a user who sees the PINNED topics, you want to see the latest comment, not the original ones made like 2 years ago 😞

Do you think there is a possibility to make this change? Is that possible?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

v3.0.0 is currently pending approval

NEW

• Added functionality to provide the ability to reorder pinned topics in forums.
    • The feature is available to users with the "Can reorder pinned topics?" moderator permission
    • The order of topics is specific to each forum - if using the "Fluid" view of forums, this will have its own pinned topic order unrelated to the configured order of topics contained within sub-forums.
  • Added a "Default state" setting which controls whether the pinned topics section will be expanded or collapsed by default.

CHANGES

• Minor language string updates
  • 3 months later...

Great, thanks - did a quick test and reproduced.

It's all down to ONLY having the re-ordering functionality enabled - didn't envisage that someone would exclusively use that when I put it in, as everyone previously using the resource would have been using either the "Separate" or "Separate & collapse" functionality.

Leave it with me, I'll have a think about how to exclusively allow reorder only.

Edited by Nathan Explosion