Paid Clubs - Bad - 6 Steps before you can hit commerce

PacmanDo

Before anyone buys commerce to use paid clubs, you should be aware it is difficult for a guest to become a paid club member. We've been marketing and had 45 people enter into the 2nd step. That's a pretty good number based on the visits generated.

1st Step - They have to come to your community - 252 visits based on marketing.

2nd Step - They have to sign-up to be a Forum Member. 45 potential members

3rd Step - They have authorize forum membership via email. 43 members gained - Yayyy

4th Step - They have to come back to your community again.

5th Step - They have to find the club again and Ask to Join the Club and wait for Approval to join. - 3 members

6th step - After approval they are told they can now pay $1 to join. - 0 members

Ideally, it would be nice to just come, pay for the club subscription and become a member. This would make the club subscription and commerce a HUGE WINNER!!!

Anything that can be done to make the process less painful will help towards making paid clubs a success.

Will it at least be possible to give us another option? - Subscribers: These folks can pay and automatically become viewing members

Is anyone else having success with the paid club subscriptions? 

There's definitely too much friction for a new user --> register on site --> join club, much less trying to pay and needing to have it manually approved.  

My club leader advertises his own club.  His users come for his club. Clubs are entrances to their own micro-community, so there needs to be join or registration buttons on the club index and other club pages.  

We are also in the same boat. Paid Clubs is a great solution for our needs but the conversion rate is 0%!!! I really hope they are paying attention to our woes and will come up with another club type solution. 

Is it not possible for an application/plugin to be created that will allow for additional club types?

I don't think another club type will help.  IPS simply has too many steps to join a club and pay.  They just need to streamline the process (eg. If you have valid, billing details on file, one click to pay and join).  

On 5/19/2018 at 5:40 PM, Joel R said:

I don't think another club type will help.  IPS simply has too many steps to join a club and pay.  They just need to streamline the process (eg. If you have valid, billing details on file, one click to pay and join).  

That would work fine for me, I just don't know what other site owners would want. Some might want it just the way it is now (though I have no idea why).

@Charles cutting the friction down as Joel R suggests is pretty much a necessity to grow subscriptions.

On a positive note I do have 3 conversions to subscriber status after 1000s of paid click through via our marketing program. It's better than a 0% conversion rate, but is god awful when considering how many really could use what we are offering.

Doing this right can give you guys a huge competitive advantage especially over Facebook groups.

On 5/19/2018 at 4:40 PM, Joel R said:

IPS simply has too many steps to join a club and pay. 

THIS!! Add in manual approval requirements for each member and this is a no go for most. 

Wish: Join+pay = auto sign up no further steps required.

The Club Subscription Idea by IPS is a surefire winner folks. Kudos to all of you who had a hand in this. Once we can implement it so it can be marketed properly then it should become a winner in reality.

Unfortunately, the friction to subscribe is extreme. VERY BAD!

Any IPS staff input? Can you please give us at least a little reduction in the friction to become a Club Subscriber?

Anyone else trying to use the function where members can build their own subscription clubs... HOW BAD IS IT?

Paid Subscriptions to Clubs with how it is currently is really NOT GOOD. There is no way I would even attempt allowing my members to start their own paid subscriptions. They would string us up in short order. It's that BAD.

IPS Staff - Can you please give us at least a little reduction in the friction to become a Club Subscriber?

I have enough problems trying to get non paying members to either start a club or join one, never mind paying ones! ?

Hopefully you guys will get some clarification from the devs on this, as those steps seem excessive and puts me off even trying now! lol

Seriously, if IPS gets this right ... this baby is a real winner. Many of you will want commerce. Granted, I only have a meager 5 subscribers.

But after all the crap they had to go through to get signed up tells me every step we can eliminate for a potential subscriber gives us a 5 to 10 fold increase in subscribers.

Sometimes techies don't really get marketing and I understand that. It's not their thing. Marketing and reducing friction is what takes your business to the next level.

Please IPS, help us out here..... Paid Clubs are seriously dieing on the battlefield right now. We're looking for reinforcements .... Can you please help, even a teeny tiny bit on an upcoming upgrade?

STOP THE BLEEDING

• 3 months later...

Archived