Guest Tickets?

Collin1000

• 4 weeks later...

First check app permissions

ACP -> System -> Applications -> Commerce -> Support -> Permissions

Second, check "contact us" behavior

ACP -> System -> Settings -> Contact us -> "create support request"

in the same mask, there are also the permissions, to whom "contact us" will be shown

Also check, that "contact" is permitted for guests in

ACP -> System -> Applications -> System -> Contact -> Permissions

6 hours ago, Cyboman said:

First check app permissions

ACP -> System -> Applications -> Commerce -> Support -> Permissions

Second, check "contact us" behavior

ACP -> System -> Settings -> Contact us -> "create support request"

in the same mask, there are also the permissions, to whom "contact us" will be shown

Also check, that "contact" is permitted for guests in

ACP -> System -> Applications -> System -> Contact -> Permissions

I have this setup now, and it allows the user to fill out a "contact us" form, which is okay, but not what I am looking for. 

What I'm looking for is a way for a guest to create a ticket: choose a department, severity level, and any other custom fields I have created. The contact us form and the ticket creation form are different things and I'm looking to use the latter. 

17 hours ago, Collin1000 said:

I have this setup now, and it allows the user to fill out a "contact us" form, which is okay, but not what I am looking for. 

What I'm looking for is a way for a guest to create a ticket: choose a department, severity level, and any other custom fields I have created. The contact us form and the ticket creation form are different things and I'm looking to use the latter. 

You need IP.Commerce to set you those advanced items in tickets.  The module comes with a Support section to configure departments, auto responses, severities, custom fields, etc.

1 hour ago, Joel R said:

You need IP.Commerce to set you those advanced items in tickets.  The module comes with a Support section to configure departments, auto responses, severities, custom fields, etc.

Yes. I know. I have IP.Commerce. I need a way for guests to open tickets using those advanced fields. As it stands, right now, I cannot figure out how to allow guests to open a support ticket.

For those following along, ( @superaven and others) I ended up opening a support ticket. Guest tickets are not possible.

This is what I was told:

I'm afraid there is no way to allow guests to access support tickets at all. The system tracks a ticket by the owner member ID, so presently if we allowed guests access then all guests would be able to see all guest tickets, which would not be expected or intended behavior.

Thanks,
Brandon Farber

Archived