User Permissions: Sending and Receiving PMs

Afternoon!

I have a new user group with restricted admin privileges.  I also have a group for new members that isn't allowed to send private messages until a rule bumps them up a notch after a few posts.  One of these admins tried to send a private message to a new user who had broken a rule, and got an error message saying that user couldn't receive PMs.  When I sent the message as root admin, it went through just fine.

I've checked all the settings I can find and don't see anything that should have prevented this.  Limit override is enabled for this admin group and it can't be ignored.  Could someone suggest other places I might check to let this new admin group bypass the PM restriction?

Thanks!

32 minutes ago, Dev @ TransPulse said:

Afternoon!

I have a new user group with restricted admin privileges.  I also have a group for new members that isn't allowed to send private messages until a rule bumps them up a notch after a few posts.  One of these admins tried to send a private message to a new user who had broken a rule, and got an error message saying that user couldn't receive PMs.  When I sent the message as root admin, it went through just fine.

I've checked all the settings I can find and don't see anything that should have prevented this.  Limit override is enabled for this admin group and it can't be ignored.  Could someone suggest other places I might check to let this new admin group bypass the PM restriction?

Thanks!

Edit: Oops, I didn't see you had that on already. One moment...

Edit 2: Seems you will have to Enable the private messaging system for that group, but set their "Send" limits to 0.

Thanks for this.  As far as I know, private messages are enabled for the new member group.  They're able to receive them when I send them, and when the auto-welcome PM goes out.  When they receive one, they can reply to it.  The group settings for messages are below.  I'm sure I'm missing something blatantly obvious.

881435656_Screenshotfrom2018-05-1315-40-05.thumb.png.5968d17e99ba128022256cec1f3eaee2.png

2 hours ago, Dev @ TransPulse said:

Thanks for this.  As far as I know, private messages are enabled for the new member group.  They're able to receive them when I send them, and when the auto-welcome PM goes out.  When they receive one, they can reply to it.  The group settings for messages are below.  I'm sure I'm missing something blatantly obvious.

881435656_Screenshotfrom2018-05-1315-40-05.thumb.png.5968d17e99ba128022256cec1f3eaee2.png

With those settings, the administrator shouldn't be getting any errors. What's the Messaging permissions for the administrator group that this admin is in? The settings you mentioned in the first post are the only two that I'm aware of that could cause an issue like this.

Archived