Hundreds of emails bouncing back, can I mass unsubscribe?

JTrollerb123

Hi, I've noticed that hundreds and hundreds of emails are bouncing back for invalid emails as a result of my bulk emails.  If I copy/paste each of the invalid emails into a list, is there a way to mass move these users to an unsubscribed member group so these emails don't bounce anymore?  What's the most efficient way to handle this?

There is a third party addon in the marketplace as I recall to do this automatically (I think it's called "Bouncy" or something like that), but otherwise there isn't a tool built in to facilitate this I'm afraid. You would have to edit each account individually (or form an SQL query to do this, although we recommend against doing this unless you're very familiar with SQL).

8 hours ago, JTrollerb123 said:

Thanks All!

Looks interesting.  Currently I'm not using any third party mail service - I have 8,000+ subscribers.  To use this plugin will I need to pay any of those email providers for their service?

@stoo2000

SparkPost have a 'free developer account' that comes with an allowance of 15k emails per month. Sendgrid have a free trial that includes 40k emails in the first month and then a limit of 100/day.

For paid subscriptions, they both start at around $9/mo

Not too bad - I'll check them out.

If I keep the current setup where I'm getting hundreds (maybe as much as 1000) of bouncebacks into my gmail for every bulk mail sent ... Is that doing any damage to my site's trust factor with email providers or anything else?

3 minutes ago, JTrollerb123 said:

Not too bad - I'll check them out.

If I keep the current setup where I'm getting hundreds (maybe as much as 1000) of bouncebacks into my gmail for every bulk mail sent ... Is that doing any damage to my site's trust factor with email providers or anything else?

Eventually it will, if you're using your Gmail account, you also won't have any relevant SPF records setup that verifies that your community can send from your gmail address. This itself can cause many bounces or rejections since the emails won't appear to be genuine. Setting up either Sendgrid or Sparkpost will fix this issue too.

Archived