Custom Error Message

It's fine as far as I can tell (as noted in the support topic). I just need to make a full sweep before adding the 4.3 tag in the Marketplace. 

Actually worked on KS today rewriting some JS to ditch a library (and general clean up)

A refreshed version should be out in a day or two but still, no worries to use now.  

One example is the -200 error message when someone uploads an image. It does not tell the user what the problem is (the resolution is too high). If I customize that error 200, how do I know there isn't another place where an error -200 would appear and why it would appear. So, I could customize the error -200 to say "The resolution for your photo is too high. Please choose an image with a resolution of {current resolution settings} or lower." but if that error shows somewhere else for some other reason, it would be silly to show that error message.

So the error -200 is a generic error... but why would the IPS software not know what the error is if it is throwing out the error? I know the error is occurring because the resolution of the image is too large because I set the allowed resolutions in the settings. The software must know that is the cause, otherwise, why would it give an error at all? The file matches all other criteria (including being well under the file size limit) just fine and when I reduce the resolution of the image and re-submit, no error.

I haven’t investigated this specific error in detail, but I believe Invision Community just hands over the file to the server’s image library and if it doesn't get a working file back, it has to give up and shows such a generic error. When, as in such a case, the problem happens outside the IPS software, it does not have to know the cause. 

Archived