"Hide" when posting

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

It's visible for those who can hide content and it's useful, for example, if you want to start something but don't want to make it public right away. So you type, save... go back later, finish and make it public (unhide).

Thanks, I get it, but don't see a use for it.  By default, it looks like it was only on for admins, I shut it off.

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Basically, the difference is if you create an item then hide it, notifications will be sent to the followers. Hiding it when creating, no. It will send only when it’s approved (unhid).

Thanks, still won't use it.  I turned it off, it still shows.  Odd.

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2018 at 5:19 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Basically, the difference is if you create an item then hide it, notifications will be sent to the followers. Hiding it when creating, no. It will send only when it’s approved (unhid).

On 5/7/2018 at 7:34 PM, Adriano Faria said:

I think it’s tied to the CAN HIDE CONTENT moderator permission. 

I gave a membergroup the option to hide own content, but for them the content seems gone - they get a 2F173/0 error, and they can't unhide it.

I think it would have been obvious that we had an option for them to unhide, without us giving them moderator permissions.

The intention is described here: https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/43-usability-improvements-to-make-your-day-better-r1064/

Reply as Hidden

Sometimes it would be nice if your moderators could reply to an item with a hidden reply. You might want to leave a note for other moderators or perhaps you have a database and want some replies public and some private.

If you have permission you will now see a hide toggle when replying. This works in all apps anywhere you can reply to a content item and have hide permission.

Archived