Get support button in downloads

SULINK

It would be most useful if the "get support" button redirected to the support ticket page and not to a topic.

for my use of the platform only I have paid file and free files to download.
My users can not upload files, so this button as it is is useless.

Or we could choose whether we can leave it redirecting to a topic or to ticket support area

image.thumb.png.5ddd24627eb58825640de40a66c9e3f7.png

image.thumb.png.257f1a6bfe703628b51f7fcc4857f4ef.png

3 minutes ago, AlexWright said:

Not necessarily. Downloads is a user-base application. Only admins have the ability to see the "Ticket" system. So if you have users selling files, that's a no-go. And for most communities, that'll be the case.

for my use of the platform only I have paid file and free files to download.
My users can not upload files, so this button as it is is useless for me to understand?

So change the template.

ACP > Customization > Theme > Edit Theme HTML.

In this.... Downloads > Front > View > View. Find:

{{if $file->topic()}}
					<a href='{$file->topic()->url()}' title='{lang="dl_get_support_title"}' class='ipsButton ipsButton_normal ipsButton_fullWidth'>{lang="dl_get_support"}</a>
					<br>
				{{endif}}

Replace the a href with a link to creating a ticket. Done. Might need to remove the {{if}} statements from it though.

5 minutes ago, AlexWright said:
5 minutes ago, AlexWright said:

So change the template.

ACP > Customization > Theme > Edit Theme HTML.

In this.... Downloads > Front > View > View. Find:

{{if $file->topic()}}
					<a href='{$file->topic()->url()}' title='{lang="dl_get_support_title"}' class='ipsButton ipsButton_normal ipsButton_fullWidth'>{lang="dl_get_support"}</a>
					<br>
				{{endif}}

Replace the a href with a link to creating a ticket. Done. Might need to remove the {{if}} statements from it though.

Perfect friend, I could do it here.
Thank you for your help

2 minutes ago, AlexWright said:

Yep! I just find it better if it's something that's a quirk of your community, to handle it just for that community, rather than changing it for all. Glad I could help!

Yes, I am a layman in this part of editing topics, if I knew this option I would not have created this topic. But thank you very much, my friend, you helped me a lot.

1 minute ago, SULINK said:

Yes, I am a layman in this part of editing topics, if I knew this option I would not have created this topic. But thank you very much, my friend, you helped me a lot.

No worries! If you have any further questions, I'm sure Peer-to-peer support could help out!

if I understand correctly, you're doing this a little backwards. 

To sell paid files, you must have commerce. You should be listing your files in commerce, and using Downloads as your backend to serve the commerce purchases. Commerce packages have the built in ability to redirect to the support ticket system, including specific departments.  

The above is how my site is set up. https://aiwa.me 

8 minutes ago, Aiwa said:

To sell paid files, you must have commerce. You should be listing your files in commerce, and using Downloads as your backend to serve the commerce purchases. Commerce packages have the built in ability to redirect to the support ticket system, including specific departments.  

Are you doing that via "Associate with Purchase" on the file itself? (Since we use Downloads as an actual marketplace, I'm curious as to how that works!)

14 minutes ago, Aiwa said:

I understand what you mean, but my problem is that I sell the files and some files paid members vips and other types of members I release for free, so there is no way I can only release some paid files, but release all. That's why I can not use it the way you said it.
I use a mod to really fit what I want

Yes, that's how it's configured.

1 minute ago, SULINK said:

I understand what you mean, but my problem is that I sell the files and some files paid members vips and other types of members I release for free, so there is no way I can only release some paid files, but release all. That's why I can not use it the way you said it.
I use a mod to really fit what I want

I've not tried to link a free download to a commerce file. Though, you could list the File in commerce as free and still link the download. Try it. 

Archived