Forum Profile Permissions Questions

Afternoon!

I have a couple of questions about profile fields and choosing who can view what.

Firstly, I have a number of profile fields that are marked as required, all of which need to be filled out on registration.  I made these required by flagging them as such within the "Edit Question" form as I built the profile.  On the "required" section of the "Profile Completion" tab, though, there are only check marks next to two of the questions, when there are quite a few more that are required.  If someone could explain to me why that's different and what the "Profile Completion" tab is used for, I'll be grateful.

Second, I'm trying to find out where the permission is for staff to view the profile answers that aren't publicly displayed.  I have quite a few of those as well, which are there to collect information we need to keep the undesirables out.  As far as I know, only admins can see these answers, but I'd like to grant that permission to moderators as well.  Can someone tell me where in the ACP I would set that up?

Thanks for your time!

Hi there. From what it sounds like, 1 might be a bug (if an item is ticked as "Required" but not showing that it is required to fill out.) You may want to submit a ticket for that if that's the case.

For part 2, from the user's profile. The Front End "Edit Profile" for moderators will show this, as will the back-end AdminCP "Edit Member" (Though this has changed locations in 4.3.x).

Here's the setup for profile fields (just in case you missed a setting!):

image.thumb.png.d711a1486d5bcd68dc6fa73f5f32ddfa.png

On the front end "Edit Profile" from a member's page (in this case, our Commission Prices):

image.thumb.png.bb5e11972c1dfd9482d0d5446566b810.png

And in the ACP > Members > Select Member (the red highlight is mine, notice once again the "Commission Prices" custom field here):

image.thumb.png.2cc777fbf4d8974f805710672de40508.png

Thanks again, @AlexWright!  I wanted to clarify the first question.  When building the profile fields themselves and marking them as required, members are forced to fill them in at registration.  The requirement itself is working.  I'm referring to this tab:

610459787_Screenshotfrom2018-05-0518-53-31.thumb.png.1d8d0959683c3b21c446e3551168388c.png

There are the two sections for required and optional information.  When I click into each, it lists the profile fields with a check mark next to each.

847857613_Screenshotfrom2018-05-0518-53-43.thumb.png.7fba31c723a704fb8c6df7edd92bf17d.png

(That's just a few.)  The thing that's got me confused is that there are no check marks in any of these boxes, but all four fields shown are required.  The registration form won't allow them to proceed unless these questions are answered, and yet according to the blank checkboxes on the "Required Profile Information" page, they don't appear to be required.  I'm pretty sure I'm misinterpreting the purpose of this page, but I can't for the life of me figure out how.

Re: the second question - your answer solved my issue.  Again.  I think I've just decided I want to be you when I grow up.

24 minutes ago, Dev @ TransPulse said:

Thanks again, @AlexWright!  I wanted to clarify the first question.  When building the profile fields themselves and marking them as required, members are forced to fill them in at registration.  The requirement itself is working.  I'm referring to this tab:

610459787_Screenshotfrom2018-05-0518-53-31.thumb.png.1d8d0959683c3b21c446e3551168388c.png

There are the two sections for required and optional information.  When I click into each, it lists the profile fields with a check mark next to each.

This sounds kind of like a bug. I'd submit a ticket, if anything.

Archived