Users confused in flow of uploading photos, I have an idea

Is it just me .. or have your users also experienced confusion in the photo upload process ... where they think the attachment dialog menu in the DESCRIPTION field is where they upload the photos ... which is not what that field is used for.  Two of 2 users who tried to upload new photos experienced this.  Checked with Tech who advised they haven't heard of this on their end and are unlikely to change in future.  Anyone else experience this?  I have a solution, basically skinning out the attachment option in the photo upload user interface.  But not sure where to find this in the templates.  Anyone know how to do this?  Thanks!

image.thumb.png.7bfe4916768baaa3e08a4039d7f9d3f5.png

9 hours ago, JTrollerb123 said:

Is it just me .. or have your users also experienced confusion in the photo upload process ... where they think the attachment dialog menu in the DESCRIPTION field is where they upload the photos ... which is not what that field is used for.  Two of 2 users who tried to upload new photos experienced this.  Checked with Tech who advised they haven't heard of this on their end and are unlikely to change in future.  Anyone else experience this?  I have a solution, basically skinning out the attachment option in the photo upload user interface.  But not sure where to find this in the templates.  Anyone know how to do this?  Thanks!

image.thumb.png.7bfe4916768baaa3e08a4039d7f9d3f5.png

Tell the tech if they bothered to browse their own user forums they would know this has been an UIX issue since the very beginning. At least two separate topics talking aboutthis same exact issue.

To clarify here, there are people who use the feature for its intention.

There was no indication within your ticket that we had not heard of this, as you seem to suggest above. What was actually said was that its unlikely to be changed, for the reason I mention above, and that there was no way in which to change this not to show, in which there is not within the software settings. Of course with edits to the templates, you could essentially hide anything at all within the platform :)

On 5/4/2018 at 1:57 PM, Joel R said:

Tell the tech if they bothered to browse their own user forums they would know this has been an UIX issue since the very beginning. At least two separate topics talking aboutthis same exact issue.

Joel, how could I possibly not read the forum, when you post on here.  ;) 

Archived