Elasticsearch is slowing down the time to submit a post

RevengeFNF

Since Elastic was enabled we've had to overload the updateViewCounts() method in \IPS\Content\Search\Elastic\Index with this,

/**
	 * Update view count
	 * @param	string	$class  Class to update
	 * @param	int		$id		ID of item
	 * @param	int		$count	Count to update
	 * @throws \OutOfRangeException	When table to update no longer exists
	 */
	final public function updateViewCounts( $class, $id, $count )
	{
		/* This doesn't work at all. */

return;
	}

We're not experiencing any slowness anymore. The only feature we're missing out on is the ability to filter search result by views, which to be honest is not an important feature.

On 5/4/2018 at 10:02 AM, DSyste said:

I believe that the search index should be built in the background. This would avoid delaying the posts, regardless of the Elasticsearch server configuration.

In this new version of IPS 4.3.6, the search index is built in the background?

• 7 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:14 AM, Spanner said:

@Matt You using deprecated field in Elastic request.

[2018-09-28T01:51:10,685][WARN ][o.e.d.c.ParseField       ] Deprecated field [inline] used, expected [source] instead

Please change this in next version, because in next elastic version this won't work

Sorry to bump up an old topic, I am using IPB 4.3.6 and elasticsearch installed on my server, checking my ipb-forum-deprecation log in elasticsearch I have loads of these entry's.

[2019-05-17T10:06:01,802][WARN ][o.e.d.c.ParseField       ] Deprecated field [inline] used, expected [source] instead

is there a fix for this issue ? 

Thank you

3 hours ago, bearback said:

Sorry to bump up an old topic, I am using IPB 4.3.6 and elasticsearch installed on my server, checking my ipb-forum-deprecation log in elasticsearch I have loads of these entry's.

[2019-05-17T10:06:01,802][WARN ][o.e.d.c.ParseField       ] Deprecated field [inline] used, expected [source] instead

is there a fix for this issue ? 

Thank you

It's a warning about a deprecated field - it's not an issue and can be safely ignored.

(We still support ES 5 which uses that field)

Archived