Align author pane info fields?

Genestoy

Does anyone know how to left align the member info below the avatar in the author pane? Hopefully in the custom.css

Right now it looks like this--

Vehicle:
   Vehicle Model:
Vehicle Year:

I would like it to look like this--

Vehicle:
Vehicle Model:
Vehicle Year:

Use custom divs in your postContainer template dividing those sections then in your custom.css you can put those custom divs into css rules and align left.

That's how I do it with our themes at DesignzShop. An example below except I use center instead of left in my rules for the custom divs. Others may do it differently however. I needed and wanted my users however to full control over the area.

divs-example.thumb.jpg.9448403ed151c81286a5ff1963e4adf4.jpg

Regards

6 minutes ago, DesignzShop said:

Use custom divs in your postContainer template dividing those sections then in your custom.css you can put those custom divs into css rules and align left.

Regards

Thanks, I figured I would have to do that but I didn't want to edit the template because they don't get updated with the IPS updates so was hoping for just a simple CSS. I will just have to live with them the way they are.

3 minutes ago, Genestoy said:

Thanks, I figured I would have to do that but I didn't want to edit the template because they don't get updated with the IPS updates so was hoping for just a simple CSS. I will just have to live with them the way they are.

You are correct Genestoy, that certainly would require some extra effort to keep updated. That template seems to find it's way into the updates fairly frequently too. ? Sorry there wasn't a better solution here. Kind Regards

1 minute ago, steve00 said:

paste link to view as I solved this sometime ago without using template changes (earlier version though)

Sorry, can't do that as I have had too many trolls, spammers and hackers and just got it all cleaned up again, can't chance it again as my host closed us down because of the attacks, granted it was the 3 version and that is why I finally upgraded to 4.2.9 to get back online. I thought someone had solved this some time ago but a search yielded nothing. I know it was done in the 3 versions.

Under each field you want displayed like this:

Display format
Will be displayed next to content the user submits. Leave blank to not show.
{title} is the title of the custom field, {content} is the user added content and {member_id} is the member's ID number.
Example: <strong>{title}:</strong> {content}

You can add a span in front (or should be able to. Untested.

<span style="text-align: left;"><strong>{title}:</strong> {content}</span>

For example.

59 minutes ago, Genestoy said:

Sorry, can't do that as I have had too many trolls, spammers and hackers and just got it all cleaned up again, can't chance it again as my host closed us down because of the attacks, granted it was the 3 version and that is why I finally upgraded to 4.2.9 to get back online. I thought someone had solved this some time ago but a search yielded nothing. I know it was done in the 3 versions.

PM would stop trolls etc

Anyway, no worries, hope you get it sorted

1 hour ago, AlexWright said:

Under each field you want displayed like this:

Display format
Will be displayed next to content the user submits. Leave blank to not show.
{title} is the title of the custom field, {content} is the user added content and {member_id} is the member's ID number.
Example: <strong>{title}:</strong> {content}

You can add a span in front (or should be able to. Untested.

<span style="text-align: left;"><strong>{title}:</strong> {content}</span>

For example.

Nope, no joy - that worked in the 3 versions but not now.

Archived