Discord Integration

Excalibur

I'd love for there to be Discord integration, something similar to this addon for Xenforo that integrates Discord and IPB.

For reference, here is the video posted by the addon creator showing how it works.

Here are a few features it has.

• Allows registration/login on XenForo through Discord OAuth2
  • Assign roles on your guild/server based on usergroups in XenForo
  • Enforce username matching from XenForo to your guild/server
  • Enforce bans on your guild/server when someone is banned on XenForo
  • Post new threads, replies and status updates to channels on your guild/server

What would also be a cool feature to go along with the other things mentioned it can do, Would be...

The ability to post in a channel on discord and have it auto-post it in a specific topic or forum, basically allowing communication back in forth between discord and your forums, achieving pretty much full integration with the two.

Is anyone willing to try and create this for IPC, Discord is really popular nowadays and having full integration with the forums would be really useful, especially since the IP. Chat service got shut down.

Any mod creators frequent these forums anymore?  If not, Is there a better place to request IPC mods? I did notice there is a mod on the marketplace that does some of what I'm wanting, but it's broken for IPC 4.3 and not available for download.

Yes, we do. I'm toying with putting this in my backlog. Haven't decided yet. 

I'm still not convinced Discord has a sustainable business model. They've been developing their app for years with venture capital funds with no thought to monetization that will keep the lights on. 

3 hours ago, Aiwa said:

I'm still not convinced Discord has a sustainable business model. They've been developing their app for years with venture capital funds with no thought to monetization that will keep the lights on. 

Awesome, would love to see someone come out with something like this, i know it would do well, and in my case i actually need it, discord has really affected my activity on my forums, discord is so convenient, if there was a way to fully integrate the two together, i believe it would be pretty popular.

Discord does offer it's Discord Nitro service, as a way to support them, anyway Discord is super popular right now, and for the foreseeable future, not just with gamers but with many different groups.

I also want to add that it apparently must do pretty well for him to create at least 2 versions of the addon (one for 1.5 and another for 2.0). It probably also helps he has the asking price of $30 for the addon. I still think something like that would do well here, I know It definitely be something I'd use and many others would too, the other Discord Integration addon here which is currently broken and no longer for sale, had 119 different purchases and is over double the price of that addon on there.

On 5/3/2018 at 5:35 PM, Aiwa said:

If do go forward with this and you're looking for any upfront payments for the app, just let me know. 

I'll throw my two-cents into the above...

Our site heavily relies on Discord. We are a collaborative wild-west writing group and we used the heck out of the Marketplace DIscord Integration application until it broke. I'd happily commit to buying something similar to the Xenforo Add-On as long as it had ongoing support. 

:D

Hopefully, a version of this!

On 5/2/2018 at 3:39 AM, Excalibur said:

I'd love for there to be Discord integration, something similar to this addon for Xenforo that integrates Discord and IPB.

For reference, here is the video posted by the addon creator showing how it works.

Here are a few features it has.

• Allows registration/login on XenForo through Discord OAuth2
  • Assign roles on your guild/server based on usergroups in XenForo
  • Enforce username matching from XenForo to your guild/server
  • Enforce bans on your guild/server when someone is banned on XenForo
  • Post new threads, replies and status updates to channels on your guild/server

On 5/25/2018 at 4:40 PM, Stormwolfe said:

I do not know about the Xenforo version, however, the one found here which has not been updated for 4.3 and the dev seems to be MIA... did not allow posting from Discord to IPS. It sent read only messages to Discord with links back to the topic/post.

It one way traffic only, you wont be able to post to the forum from my understanding

I'd be interested in doing such app but atm I am a lil' busy, cosidering this friday I'll make it home, and in the weekend i'd have to do some long awaited updates for the two plugins I've posted on the market and some custom work for a client, I could start working on this app about next wednesday if no one picks it up before ?

Archived