Pages SuperBlocks (Support Topic)

36 minutes ago, Martin Paver said:

Any sizing dimensions you suggest would be great 🙂

Well, the suggestion would be not to put text on the edges.

The images are shown using the CSS background image mode “cover”, so whatever the aspect ratio, there will be no “black bars” on either side. The image is scaled up so it goes from every edge to every opposing edge. But that also means, things can be cut off in one of the two directions. But the calendar does that as well, so that’s not something that needs to be solved just for SuperBlocks. 

@opentype -  Please pardon my rookie question. I would like to use superblock but my skills are D- in Pages app. Do you have some video which I can follow? I would like to update my homepage but i am having hard time. I created page and when I try to drag and drop, I don't see blocks. Under blocks option, I don't see superblocks.

image.png.87c8905f07fb55bd5702c6b8c3184afa.png

10 hours ago, AlexJ said:

@opentype -  Please pardon my rookie question. I would like to use superblock but my skills are D- in Pages app. Do you have some video which I can follow? I would like to update my homepage but i am having hard time. I created page and when I try to drag and drop, I don't see blocks. Under blocks option, I don't see superblocks.

It’s a template. You need to create a custom feed block and then assign that template. Then you access that custom block on the front page. Please follow the instruction in the “Additional Information” tab. It walks you through every step. 

Edited by opentype

For topic feed, superblocks are coded like this:

removed

Image thumbnail and actual image are the same:

{{$items[$counter]['image']= $firstPhoto;}}
{{$items[$counter]['image_thumb']= $firstPhoto;}}

Is there a way to show the thumbnail on superblocks topic feed?

Edited by sobrenome
7 hours ago, sobrenome said:

Is there a way to show the thumbnail on superblocks topic feed?

Firstly, please remove that larger chunk of code. That’s commercial software I sell. It should not be republished publicly. 

And to answer your question: unfortunately not. IPS’ function to get topic images doesn’t give access to a thumbnail. Otherwise I would have already done that. 

9 hours ago, opentype said:

Firstly, please remove that larger chunk of code. That’s commercial software I sell. It should not be republished publicly.

Sorry about that.

9 hours ago, opentype said:

And to answer your question: unfortunately not. IPS’ function to get topic images doesn’t give access to a thumbnail. Otherwise I would have already done that. 

I will ask for it on feature suggestions.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

hi @opentype I just installed the SuperBlocks plugin and I can see the templates under the Content tab for some things like a Downloads Feed but for some reason Image Feed and Album Feed is not showing the superblocks as a template selection, I only see the standard one. Any ideas?

Edit** I just saw there was an XML to download for Gallery. my mistake!! Please ignore.

Edited by Meowcious
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, opentype said:

I could imagine that as a stand-alone template product if there is enough interest. 

I had a vision. Imagine, there is an app called SuperWidgets. The app has custom templates for system widgets: