Pages SuperBlocks (Support Topic)

@Sonya* I’m sure it’s all like you say and I remember the earlier discussion about that. 
I’m just not sure what the conditions are that require that dynamic rewriting of the values, which makes testing difficult. How are the times wrong? Are they shifted a certain amount or what is the exact problem? I don’t want to change the code blindly. I need to replicate the problem. I don’t see it happening on my installations. 

3 hours ago, opentype said:

How are the times wrong? Are they shifted a certain amount or what is the exact problem? I don’t want to change the code blindly. I need to replicate the problem.

It is indeed difficult to replicate. I assume that the issue was triggered by a specific guest user with browser timezone different from the events' timezone. The times were shifted by -1 hours. If the event was scheduled at 10:00 AM (Berlin) I have sometimes seen it as 09:00 AM and sometimes correct. It was a bit random, unfortunately.  It was also somehow related to the cache. After running support tool the times were always correct. Then some hours later false again. Probably, when the specific user has visited the site another time(?).

Edited by Sonya*
7 hours ago, Alfonso Moreno said:

Good day,

Is it possible to create blocks of different sizes in the same row? Is it a template or you just drag each block and set the size for each of them as you wish? I want to create a grid with different blocks sized and I was looking for something that allowed me to do that.

Thanks a lot

I’m not really how to answer that without repeating what is already explained in detail on the product page:
https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8975-pages-superblocks/

• 2 weeks later...

I purchase this thinking it was something else and I have no clue on how to use lol. I read your instructions but I’m still not getting it. Probably because I’m brand new to using to invision. Well I say that to myself to make myself feel better. What’s the difference between this and the default blocks? Like for instance I created a new page but couldn’t find anything that had to do with your super blocks. What am I missing? Thanks!

52 minutes ago, Greek76 said:

Question.. So I created a block using your instructions. Works perfectly but I do have a question. Is there a way to keep post feeds even instead of coming out like this? 

Well, you can (indirectly) chose from one of the 6 layouts if you don’t like how this particular one works on your site. But that’s it. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking of installing Superblocks but I have questions...

Q1. My site is not on full width, I have a side bar panel which contains recent articles, ads etc. Can I still use Superblocks?

Q2. I don't see a list of categories present, only recent posts and articles but no where for a user to clearly know what categories there are and if they're other articles to read?

Q3/ How are the Thumbnails created? Are they automatic?

Q4/ Recent Images only take users to lightbox close-up. Why not allow the category listing under the recent photo to be active as well?

Q5/ Why not make the thumbnail of articles etc active? Becomes annoying having to click on text links.

7 hours ago, Robert222 said:

I was thinking of installing Superblocks but I have questions...

Q1. My site is not on full width, I have a side bar panel which contains recent articles, ads etc. Can I still use Superblocks?

It will work with a sidebar, but things will look more crammed. 

Q2. I don't see a list of categories present, only recent posts and articles but no where for a user to clearly know what categories there are and if they're other articles to read?

It’s just an alternative layout for block feeds. Categories are usually shown where the actual content is, e.g. a Pages database page, a forum index, a downloads index and so on. 

Q3/ How are the Thumbnails created? Are they automatic?

They aren’t “created”. All images are taking from the content itself. Again, it’s just block templates. It doesn’t do anything else than change the appearance of blocks. 

6 hours ago, opentype said:

It will work with a sidebar, but things will look more crammed. 

Could you possibly create a live example or at least show a photo of how it may look?

6 hours ago, opentype said:

They aren’t “created”. All images are taking from the content itself. Again, it’s just block templates. It doesn’t do anything else than change the appearance of blocks. 

If an article has many photos would I have the choice of which photo is used as the thumbnail? Because if the wrong thumbnail is used and doesn't fully match the title of the article then its pointless.

Edited by Robert222
2 hours ago, Robert222 said:

If an article has many photos would I have the choice of which photo is used as the thumbnail? Because if the wrong thumbnail is used and doesn't fully match the title of the article then its pointless.

Articles have the “record image” field to represent the article and that will be used. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

When using the pages block and selecting 6 articles to show just like you display in your demo, the last 3 articles do not show in mobile. I tested this on your demo page for SuperBlocks and the same issue occurs there too. Not positive if this isn't by design and is wai.

The way I use your pages SuperBlock is I select featured articles to show in that block. I then use the SuperGrid blocks to display unfeatured articles so I don't duplicate the articles on my index. So those last 3 articles need to display or the end-user doesn't see those articles unless they click into the category itself.

Kind Regards

I might add if I select to show only 5 articles in that pages block, 3 articles will not show in that feed, only the top 2. The issue seems to be displaying that second line in mobile.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Martin Paver said:

I am trying to display pictures on the events but they are not showing. Is there an image sizing guide for this?

Do those events have cover images set up? Only those would be used—nothing from the editor field. 

41 minutes ago, Martin Paver said:

Another issue is removing the Upcoming events title highlighted in Yellow as I have a Title above this.

It’s a global setting in the plugin settings:

825959450_Bildschirmfoto2021-02-22um17_36_32.png.4c2e97bb4cc6831b19a1aeccf70cc7af.png

3 hours ago, opentype said:

Do those events have cover images set up? Only those would be used—nothing from the editor field. 

It’s a global setting in the plugin settings:

825959450_Bildschirmfoto2021-02-22um17_36_32.png.4c2e97bb4cc6831b19a1aeccf70cc7af.png

That worked a treat thanks!

In terms of:

Yes they do. The event that is upcoming image is displayed now but it would be great to view all event cover photos

Edited by Martin Paver
20 minutes ago, Martin Paver said:

Hi,

I was wondering if its possible with the upcoming events block to show all thumbnail pictures. Currently it only shows the most recent event. Also, is it possible to have the title above the thumbnail?

There is this setting already:

923238663_Bildschirmfoto2021-02-24um17_36_31.png.e006e23028a7dcec2bf7a118459b1c87.png

It is also influenced by the number of entries as explained on the product page.