Pages SuperBlocks (Support Topic)

Good day Opentype, I have Topics feed displayed at https://thepatriotwoodworker.com/home/

You'll see a topic titled Eames Design and the topic contains only a video one of our members posted. The Super Block is only displaying the title of the topic as it cannot pull in the video, thus leaving a blank space. I completely understand why, but is there any possibility in the future during further dev of this template, to allow videos to show in a Topic Feed via Super Blocks? Thanks

20 minutes ago, ocalsiebie said:

Hello, I use SuperBlocks (here) but listing by time of update is not work. Articles always shows by date of create not time of update. ?

SuperBlocks is just styling. It doesn’t change anything about the ordering of records. That comes from Pages. So your problem probably has a different cause. 

On 5/14/2018 at 5:14 PM, JohnCourt said:

Good day Opentype, I have Topics feed displayed at https://thepatriotwoodworker.com/home/

You'll see a topic titled Eames Design and the topic contains only a video one of our members posted. The Super Block is only displaying the title of the topic as it cannot pull in the video, thus leaving a blank space. I completely understand why, but is there any possibility in the future during further dev of this template, to allow videos to show in a Topic Feed via Super Blocks? Thanks

This would be a great feature. I also seeing several entries on my site that are mostly empty space due to the post only containing a video. 

2 hours ago, opentype said:

Looks fine to me. The image from my site show a widget with 3 entries. Yours has 6. 

I change the number to show 3, but only show one club with image, and not good.....

superblock7.thumb.png.c15c2cd5f4f84e38269c38e0370c7849.png

These are clubs with images:

superblock9.thumb.png.b7fcdce01e9899e5209cb8e2757279be.png

Edited by kmk
4 minutes ago, opentype said:

You can force to show more images in the plugin settings by going to the tab “image settings”. 

I got it, what is the image size for club photo that lets the block showing image fully? right now the image is crop....

On 5/29/2018 at 11:36 AM, kmk said:

I got it, what is the image size for club photo that lets the block showing image fully? right now the image is crop....

I use superblock with blog entry, but don't show the image, I missing something?

superblock15.thumb.png.42016414dff5d1016695c23d7afdc183.png

How I can fix the blog entry header space like the club?

superblock14.thumb.png.a3cb3234a006b356f8181442fd4152de.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2018 at 5:14 PM, JohnCourt said:

Hi Opentype,  I am also seeing empty blocks when videos are the only content being posted just as JohnCourt is experience. 
I am curious to know if this is a planned addition to the application or if there will be an option to buy an additional plugin for this functionality. 

1 hour ago, Jesse Crystal said:

Hi Opentype,  I am also seeing empty blocks when videos are the only content being posted just as JohnCourt is experience. 
I am curious to know if this is a planned addition to the application or if there will be an option to buy an additional plugin for this functionality. 

SuperBlocks as Pages blocks in general are meant as links to content. Embedding full content there would lead to various other problems and so I don’t plan to change that. For videos in Pages databases I would rather solve this in the content itself. Write a little sentence to describe the video. That wouldn’t hurt and even help with SEO. 

• 3 weeks later...

Layout value of ... “6” features one entry, shows images for two more entries and shows the rest as text only in another row.

I am unable to get more then a single image entry for a topic feed with a value of 6. Does the above line only apply to Latest Articles, as I see displayed on your demo site?
Is there a way I can get this to work with Posts?

8 hours ago, Jesse Crystal said:

Layout value of ... “6” features one entry, shows images for two more entries and shows the rest as text only in another row.

I am unable to get more then a single image entry for a topic feed with a value of 6. Does the above line only apply to Latest Articles, as I see displayed on your demo site?
Is there a way I can get this to work with Posts?

→ Plugin Settings

126637650_Bildschirmfoto2018-07-05um07_43_52.thumb.png.b6e325d05b2fdd3e5777d02a367b0aaf.png

On 7/7/2018 at 6:09 PM, Jesse Crystal said:

Hi opentype, it looks like my forum images was already set to auto and is only displaying a single image. 

Yes, that is exactly what “auto” is supposed to to for certain content types. 

The options and description texts are shown wrongly in your screenshot. I would suggest to delete the settings plugin and reinstall it again. 

3 minutes ago, Saurabh Jain said:

How to reduce loading time

www.Vidyasagar.guru

The plugin settings provide options to handle how many images are being shown. That’s the only thing that affects loading time. Everything else is handled by the core software, for example cache time of blocks.