Online Users stats dropped A LOT after update to 4.3.1

NorCan

I was just going to upgrade to 4.3.1 but would prefer to wait until this is fixed. Unless there is a way that we can check the settings ourselves to know if we are impacted?

18 hours ago, Max said:

I was just going to upgrade to 4.3.1 but would prefer to wait until this is fixed. Unless there is a way that we can check the settings ourselves to know if we are impacted?

Believe 4.3.2 will have another issue which will make you wait for 4.2.3 ?

Shouldn't matter, if it's just stats affected and doesn't impact actual users online.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There were a few bugs in various 4.3.x versions that have been fixed but wouldn't affect everyone (e.g. the group setting to "show users in online lists" applied to the guests group was affecting the counts in the AdminCP stats, and there were also issues tracking bot sessions). These issues should all be sorted as of 4.3.3 to my knowledge.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Update 🙂

I changed 3 settings : 

1 - php.ini --> session.gc_maxlifetime value. Restart httpd after change.
Default : 1440 (24 min.) 
I changed it to : 600 (10 min.)

2 - ACP/Tasks/Onlineusers refresh schedule. This affects only "online users" statistics at ACP. It can be changed manually at ibf_core_tasks database table.
Default : 15 minutes. 
I changed it to : 10 min. 

3 - ACP/Tasks/Clearsessions refresh schedule. It can be changed manually at ibf_core_tasks database table.
Default : 30 minutes. 
I changed it to : 10 min. 

Result :

image.thumb.png.f3dea7dfe7b11947c6b794fceb2bb6f7.png

Archived