Commerce Module - Quantity won't allow fractional amounts

Mopar1973Man

I would like to so this limitation go away. It going to be a huge hang up for me being I'm going to use my website for my mobile shop coming this summer doing A/C work on vehicles. So if I want to charge a customer 1.2 hours for installing an air conditioning compressor (Misc Charge) then the Commerce module is going to lock the quantity to 1 or 2 hours. Now I'm forced to put the hours in the description and leave the quantity to 1 and the do the math for 1.2 hours and fill the blank. Not professional for a commerce program. Now the customer can either login to the site and get the invoice or I can print the invoice for them. 

I don’t know. It’s kind of what I would expect from any online shop. I don’t buy 1.5 books for example at Amazon. 

If you need 1.2 hours, you could just offer that as flat price independent from “hours”, or if your hours are charged in chunks, then you could offer those chunks to put in the basket, e.g. “20 minutes”. 

My idea was since I'm a mobile mechanic in the summer time. I wanted to start being able to allow debit and credit cards. Since my DBA is "Mopar1973Man.Com" I might as well invoice for my shop work as well. If I use 2.5 pounds of freon, or have to fill a differential with 0.5 quarts of gear lube. Maybe I only have to charge 0.5 hour of labor. Being the entire invoice system is already present and just needs this limitation lifted. Since if I use my card slider it going to be deposited into Mopar1973Man.Com just like the store is now online.

20170825_122131_HDR.jpg

Like rescuing a website member that is a long ways from home but I'm willing to drive out and fix his truck. The Commerce Module makes it really easy to bill the forum member and he/she can have their invoice on the website and print it. Like in picture above it was 2.5 hours installing a Bosch VP44 injection pump. Being I've got my smartphone on me everywhere this means I could do my invoicing through the website. Being it's very RARE for a vehicle to make it to my shop. This means the shop goes out to the failed vehicle. 

Like I've got to travel down to Fruitland, ID here in the next few weeks and do a door handle install on Ford vehicle. Do I want to run back and forth 125 miles a trip to get billing done or would you just grab your smartphone and invoice through the website then have the person pay for it? 

We already have a miscellaneous charge which can be used for this purpose. Then just lift the whole number quantity then this system would work awesome for me. I would gain website members if they are not already a member. I can provide the service for this person and invoice it properly. 

Archived