Twitter Login/Register Not working

Pandemixx

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to enable Twitter login on my forums but am having trouble and not sure where to look for a solution. After setting up the Twitter login according to this IPS manual, I get the following error when I click the "Twitter login/register":

502613023_ScreenShot2018-04-28at10_25_25PM.thumb.png.af2ca2341921764ea49b8b6e598e5171.png

Some background info:

• I created a consumer and secret key and plugged them both into the IPS settings
  • I added a privacy policy/terms URL to the Twitter app settings
  • The app permissions are set to "Read and write"
  • I enabled "Request email addresses from users" in the app settings

The Facebook login works fine.

Any clues on to where I should look next?

14 hours ago, Pandemixx said:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to enable Twitter login on my forums but am having trouble and not sure where to look for a solution. After setting up the Twitter login according to this IPS manual, I get the following error when I click the "Twitter login/register":

502613023_ScreenShot2018-04-28at10_25_25PM.thumb.png.af2ca2341921764ea49b8b6e598e5171.png

Some background info:

• I created a consumer and secret key and plugged them both into the IPS settings
  • I added a privacy policy/terms URL to the Twitter app settings
  • The app permissions are set to "Read and write"
  • I enabled "Request email addresses from users" in the app settings

The Facebook login works fine.

Any clues on to where I should look next?

I would like to know the answer as well. Mine isn't working either.

Thanks for posting that, It makes me wonder if the issue could be on Twitter's end. I know they have a poor history of supporting 3rd party apps and have recently made changes to their API that could be causing problems for the IPS integration.

After working with IPS, we were able to solve the problem.

Here are two things you may want to look out for if you haven't done so already:

1) Make sure you add your Oauth URL to the Settings panel

2) Deselect (or do not select) the "Enable Callback Locking (It is recommended to enable callback locking to ensure apps cannot overwrite the callback url)" option on the Settings panel

Image 2018-05-01 at 2.58.05 PM.png

Archived