Rename a member? IPS 4.3.1

Maxtor

There's another minor issue with the new renaming:

I often rename new members in order to change their names from 'shouty' all upper-case letters to upper and lower-case equivalents of the same name. For example, SHOUTY_BOB becomes Shouty_Bob.

This worked without issue on 4.2 but under 4.3, renaming to the same name (different case) returns an error, stating that it can't be done because the member already exists. Of-course, there isn't another member, it's just throwing an error because the name characters haven't been changed.

Now, in order to perform a simple case change, I have to rename the member to something unique and then rename them back again to the original name, in upper and lower-case letters. :sad:

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2018 at 6:19 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Click and hold in user name on ACP profile. It’s ajaxed now. 

Thank you @Adriano Faria . This worked. It's not very intuitive though. Long-pressing on something is not what I expected was needed. It makes me wonder what other features I need to long-press on...

20 hours ago, Orioni said:

Thank you @Adriano Faria . This worked. It's not very intuitive though. Long-pressing on something is not what I expected was needed. It makes me wonder what other features I need to long-press on...

You're an IPS power user now that you've discovered the secret of the long press! 

On 5/1/2018 at 4:44 PM, JohnDar said:

There's another minor issue with the new renaming:

I often rename new members in order to change their names from 'shouty' all upper-case letters to upper and lower-case equivalents of the same name. For example, SHOUTY_BOB becomes Shouty_Bob.

This worked without issue on 4.2 but under 4.3, renaming to the same name (different case) returns an error, stating that it can't be done because the member already exists. Of-course, there isn't another member, it's just throwing an error because the name characters haven't been changed.

Now, in order to perform a simple case change, I have to rename the member to something unique and then rename them back again to the original name, in upper and lower-case letters. :sad:

This is a bug which has been sorted (can't remember if the fix was in 4.3.2 or 4.3.3 however)

Archived