Getting Theme Errors after upgrade

mwcboard

• 1 month later...

Seems like anytime I search, I'm unable to find a topic on the subject in question. This beings said, can you please describe how to upgrade a theme?

Just downloaded your update but unclear on how to best upgrade this. Assume since I've done all changes in custom.css and in the theme color options it wont overwrite the stuff I've done?

Sorry for the newbie question but still learning this software.

54 minutes ago, superaven said:

Seems like anytime I search, I'm unable to find a topic on the subject in question. This beings said, can you please describe how to upgrade a theme?

Just downloaded your update but unclear on how to best upgrade this. Assume since I've done all changes in custom.css and in the theme color options it wont overwrite the stuff I've done?

Sorry for the newbie question but still learning this software.

All theme templates will be updated automatically during the site update, except for the custom.css and Edited/Modified template which will always remain same for whatever the changes you have done in it.

So, If you have done all the changes in custom.css and theme settings, then you do not need to do anything.

Sorry can you please explain...

4 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

All theme templates will be updated automatically during the site update

Is this a process I initiate? Or is it like WordPress where I just have to see what updates are available in the Admin CP and initiate the ones I want? Or a totally manual process entirely where I have to FTP files and run updater scripts?

Sorry, I'm still a bit confused...

I'd reported a bug to you the other day that I believe you fixed via a theme update. I juts downloaded that update (mdPanel) and was looking to upgrade it.

The only code changes I've made was additional CSS added within custom.css and colors tweaks using the "Edit" button within the "Themes" section of the Admin CP.

In regards to upgrading my mdPanel, do I have to upload the files I downloaded from you?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

34 minutes ago, superaven said:

The only code changes I've made was additional CSS added within custom.css and colors tweaks using the "Edit" button within the "Themes" section of the Admin CP.

You don't need to do anything if your changes are in custom.css. ? 

34 minutes ago, superaven said:

In regards to upgrading my mdPanel, do I have to upload the files I downloaded from you?

This is how you update themes 

356935f2ec89dbe0a4581f0f7a7b4fe8.png

The only file you need to upload here is the theme xml file, so for mdPanel theme, you upload IPS_mdPanel_Theme.xml 

and again, you don't need to worry about your customization's in custom.css and theme settings. ? 

2 minutes ago, superaven said:

Ah, thank you so much! Again, sorry for all the basic questions, just cant seem to find answers when searching the forum and even the help docs don't seem to cover some of this stuff. On it now...

You're welcome ? 

Archived