Deleted Member?

PWP2

I had the same question in former times, but the answer was - as far as I can remember - "no, not via the ACP".

You could go into your database and try to hack in each missing data item (from a previous backup), but this seems to me hard work.

For the future: use a tool like "account deactivation" that has an option for "delayed member deletion". So members can think about their deletion twice in a specified timeframe...

If I'm wrong, please tell me ? 

3 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

I had the same question in former times, but the answer was - as far as I can remember - "no, not via the ACP".

You could go into your database and try to hack in each missing data item (from a previous backup), but this seems to me hard work.

For the future: use a tool like "account deactivation" that has an option for "delayed member deletion". So members can think about their deletion twice in a specified timeframe...

If I'm wrong, please tell me ? 

Hi,

Yeah, I believe you can create a new member, then go into phpMyAdmin and execute some queries. Or, at least I believe you can. Trouble is, I don't know what specific queries to execute, IF it can be done that way.  

Oh, this wasn't intentional. If it were, I wouldn't be asking here now. :biggrin:

If you still have the content, and only deleted the account. I believe you can make a new account and asign the posts to that user account. Knowing the old accounts ID would be useful too. It's done through queries but I personally do not know how to do it. But it was done for me a couple of years back. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but it is possible. I hope someone can help you in the mean time.

9 minutes ago, CP_User said:

If you still have the content, and only deleted the account. I believe you can make a new account and asign the posts to that user account. Knowing the old accounts ID would be useful too. It's done through queries but I personally do not know how to do it. But it was done for me a couple of years back. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but it is possible. I hope someone can help you in the mean time.

I found one article regarding it. But, I'm quite sure it was for older / former versions of IPB. 

http://www.invisionize.eu/Invision-Resources-Articles/0530-Tips-and-Tricks-gt-Rebuilding-a-deleted-user-account-if-posts-are-intact-using-phpMyAdmin.html

Hopefully someone will chime in here soon, who may know more about this than we do. Thanks for the reply.

45 minutes ago, PWP2 said:

Was in hopes someone who had done this before, could help.

But, I have submitted a support ticket.

Please keep us informed if there was an easy way to recover your user account if someone stumbles across this topic, thanks. 

On 4/24/2018 at 2:46 AM, Ramsesx said:

Please keep us informed if there was an easy way to recover your user account if someone stumbles across this topic, thanks. 

Support replied, telling me it isn't possible. It was possible before (earlier versions of the software), by executing queries after creating a duplicate account of the deleted user. If this is no longer possible with v4, it seems IPS is going backward, not forward. So, I'm not 100% sure I buy their reply.

27 minutes ago, PWP2 said:

Support replied, telling me it isn't possible. It was possible before (earlier versions of the software), by executing queries after creating a duplicate account of the deleted user. If this is no longer possible with v4, it seems IPS is going backward, not forward. So, I'm not 100% sure I buy their reply.

It's not an option on Invision 4, you would need to restore from a backup.

Can you provide some insight on how admins are seeing this warning and still opting to select continue in error?  

Members_2018-04-24_18-27-01.jpg

Archived