Import Members New Password

I want to import (move) a great deal of members from another system (that does not have a conversion). I am phasing out the previous system once all my members are moved over.

I do not want to mess with passwords. What I would like is for them to create a password on their first attempt to login to the community. 

It will be about 4,500 members. 

The next thing I will have to do is manually move over their comments/questions (yes, this will be a huge pain in the ass). 

To do this, I believe I will have to log in as that user so that I can start inputting their comments/questions into the proper locations. 

If I manage to get the "create a password" feature working, will the "log in as" feature make me set their password before I can putting in their comments/questions?

Is there a better way to do all of this (without messing with the database)?

Looks like it may do what you want... You first create the members and set a random password, then using this you would require the members to change their password or use account recovery via e-mail to change their password.

Might contact the author first and make sure its utility meets your needs.

15 minutes ago, Aiwa said:

Looks like it may do what you want... You first create the members and set a random password, then using this you would require the members to change their password or use account recovery via e-mail to change their password.

Great. I will give that a shot.

On 4/21/2018 at 3:20 PM, Aiwa said:

Well, turns out it doesn't do what I am looking for. That plugin requires that the user be logged in before the password reset can be requested by the system. I need it to happen before they login. Maybe I can just send out an email to everybody letting them know what is happening and then import them with the email sent to set their password (built into IPS).

Archived