Account insertion

Aso

Just purchased the forum software. I run a game server which uses the same username and password between our current forum and the game server. Could someone please point me to where accounts are inserted into the database, where password changes are inserted into the database, and where it updates the database when a user confirms their email.

It would be greatly appreciated and save me some digging. Thanks.

Hi @Aso

Members are stored in core_members table, but of course there are many interlinked tables due to all the different associated content types in IPS. So you probably will want to use the proper IPS methods and handlers instead of interacting directly with the database.

I'm not a developer, but it sounds like you're trying to integrate an outside application with IPS. So you may find the following developer documentation useful:

Just be aware there is a mix of 4.3 (just recently released) and 4.2 and below documentation:

Basically when you create a forum account, update its password, or activate it, it also inserts those changes into a separate MYSQL Db for the game server.

I'll take a look at the documentation that you posted. I'm still finding my way around Invision.

Archived