uncaught_except errors on IPB 4.2.8 after updating from IPB3

kindermix

Old server with php 5.4 and mysql 5.5. I convert database with converting tool and followed this instructions 

to transfer everytnig on new server with php7.2 and mariadb 10.2 (mysql5.5 with 5.6 and 5.7 features)

after updating in admin, on member edit, group edit pages i got this error:

The URL of page the error occurred on was {domain}/admin/?adsess=7ofknpfk744bk8hd3l5ku4ocdf&app=core&module=members&controller=groups&do=form&id=7

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Lang::recordWord() (0)
#0 /var/web/services/domain.name/applications/cms/sources/Databases/Databases.php(764): IPS\cms\_Databases->recordWord(1)
#1 /var/web/services/domain.name/applications/cms/sources/Databases/Databases.php(230): IPS\cms\_Databases->preLoadWords()
#2 /var/web/services/domain.name/applications/cms/sources/Databases/Databases.php(175): IPS\cms\_Databases::constructFromData(Array)
#3 /var/web/services/domain.name/applications/cms/extensions/core/ContentRouter/Records.php(41): IPS\cms\_Databases::databases()
#4 /var/web/services/domain.name/system/Application/Application.php(819): IPS\cms\extensions\core\ContentRouter\_Records->__construct(Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#5 /var/web/services/domain.name/applications/cms/Application.php(257): IPS\_Application->extensions('core', 'ContentRouter', true, Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#6 /var/web/services/domain.name/system/Application/Application.php(300): IPS\cms\_Application->extensions('core', 'ContentRouter', true, Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#7 /var/web/services/domain.name/applications/core/extensions/core/GroupForm/Content.php(35): IPS\_Application::allExtensions('core', 'ContentRouter', Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#8 /var/web/services/domain.name/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(188): IPS\core\extensions\core\GroupForm\_Content->process(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form), Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#9 /var/web/services/domain.name/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->form()
#10 /var/web/services/domain.name/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /var/web/services/domain.name/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->execute()
#12 /var/web/services/domain.name/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

BACKTRACE

#0 /var/web/services/phantoms/init.php(524): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

After upgrading from 4.2.8 to 4.3 beta 4, all errors gone.

I tryed fresh install of 4.2.8, no errors found, so i think server setup is correct, and it's not php 7.2 or database problems.

That error basically indicates your hooks file (at plugins/hooks.php) is out of date most likely. recordWord() is a new method that Pages adds via a hook, and the error is indicating the method is being called but doesn't exist.

I would recommend running the support tool in the AdminCP after checking all of your file permissions, which will likely resolve the issue. You can also disable the Pages application and re-enable it to specifically update the hooks cache file for Pages.

Archived