DB Schema Errors

For some first party apps, if I go to their dev center it says the local db doesn't match the schema. Why? Isn't it comparing it to the schema files on my server, even if it's in_dev, ie not comparing to a future version I don't have installed yet?

Also, I decided there was no point to having an auto increment id in this table that has a 1:1 relationship to the members table, so I got rid of that and changed my member id column from unique to primary.... well I accidentally left a name of the index, so it updated it, but then said my own app's schema wasn't matching my local db, since my local db had the index named PRIMARY. I guess that's no big deal, as I just clicked use the local one, but for those first party apps, it's harder to track down what differences are triggering it, since it also puts columns in different orders when comparing them.

The page you are talking about compares the JSON schema of the application vs the database. It is entirely possible for them to get out of sync (e.g. if you make adjustments to the database manually in phpmyadmin, or if you use git and the schema file updates but devsync skips it) so it's just a quick failsafe check.

You choose whichever schema (the real database or the JSON file) is right and submit, that's it. I can't tell you why yours was not in sync.

I'm talking about the first party ones (which I hadn't ever messed with).

As for my own, though, when I chose the schema as correct, it then gave the error again, but I'm assuming it's because the schema allowed a primary key to have a name other than PRIMARY and the db renamed it to PRIMARY. So i guess a rare case where selecting it still wouldn't fix it, since it couldn't change the name.

Archived