[Suggestion] Swipe Menu on mobile devices

MMXII

A thing that always comes to my mind when browsing an IPS community on a mobile device is the navigation menu. Right now you have to scroll all the way up to the very top of the site and tap on a button in the upper right corner in order to open it.

(Digression: I am also missing a "Go to top" button, because on Android devices + Firefox there is no other way to reach the top despite scrolling manually. Quite annoying, especially on sites with much content on each page. But that is a different topic.)

I'd find it more convenient if there was a way to open the navigation menu by swiping: A quick move from the right side of the display to the middle and the menu pops in, no matter if you are at the top, the middle or the bottom of the site. Please consider adding this little plus of convenience. Thanks!

and a "tiles menu", to add images/tiles for navigation instead of / in addition to "text only"

Tiles would be easier for pressing the link with your finger, they are more expressive and look a lot nicer.

Just have a look at windows 10 mobile tiles, it just looks great.

• 6 months later...

Archived