Server Hosting Feature

Mike Gholson

Hi guys, is there some documentation or spec sheets available about the server hosting options in my control panel?  I am using the self-hosted capabilities but don't know what this is about.  Some kind of write-up or how-to document would be much appreciated.

Mike

On 02/04/2018 at 11:20 PM, Mike Gholson said:

Hi guys, is there some documentation or spec sheets available about the server hosting options in my control panel?  I am using the self-hosted capabilities but don't know what this is about.  Some kind of write-up or how-to document would be much appreciated.

Mike

Appears there is not, have had a look in the Help guides but although it is listed there is no ducumentation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Management

Sorry for the confusion. To be clear, this functionality allows Commerce to create/remove/suspend/unsuspend hosting accounts that you sell through Commerce, provided you use a cPanel server. Is this what you're trying to do? If so and you're having difficulty doing so, please submit a ticket and we'll be happy to try and assist. 

It's a very infrequently used, holdover feature in Commerce originally designed for our own use and similar niche cases. Depending on what our usage reporting in 4.3 looks like, it's possible it will be removed in the future in favor of more useful and modern features, so we don't have immediate plans to document it; I've removed the empty doc section for now to avoid further confusion. 

• 1 month later...

Archived