(NE) Display ads within posts

16 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

I've been toying with a few extra options there so will take a look.

One other feature request. Ability to set a minimum number of posts needed on a page for "last post on each page to kick in". I'm just thinking that it's a bit much if there are only 2 or 3 posts to have one in the first post and one in the last. Not priority but nice to have ?

19 hours ago, Graeme S. said:

Awesome. One more little request. Any chance you can add second post instead of first? Or maybe a tip on where I can edit it so that it's second instead of first by default? Thanks again for this!

Have added some additional options to cover "X number of posts" scenarios - will be in the next release.

18 hours ago, Graeme S. said:

One other feature request. Ability to set a minimum number of posts needed on a page for "last post on each page to kick in". I'm just thinking that it's a bit much if there are only 2 or 3 posts to have one in the first post and one in the last. Not priority but nice to have ?

Have added a little something to help with this, when "First and last post on each page" or "Last post on each page" has been selected - will be in the next release.

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Have added a little something to help with this, when "First and last post on each page" or "Last post on each page" has been selected - will be in the next release.

If you have post number on each page that would solve it, personally I'd choose the second post and second to last post on each topic page where there are 20 posts per page, so on the 2nd and 19th posts. Probably over complicating it all, but if you had it working by post numbers all those separate options may not be required.

Edited by marklcfc
34 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

If you have post number on each page that would solve it, personally I'd choose the second post and second to last post on each topic page where there are 20 posts per page, so on the 2nd and 19th posts. Probably over complicating it all, but if you had it working by post numbers all those separate options may not be required.

You're overthinking it ?

Anyway....as mentioned....next release has a few additional items in it which make loads of choices possible.

There will also be an enhancement to the change I made with v1.0.5 - that change was needed because I found a problem with the plugin affecting posting replies to a topic, and that's a show-stopper for forums hence the release. That change, however, also affects the displaying of an ad when using pagination - that will be resolved in the next release.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
19 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

There will also be an enhancement to the change I made with v1.0.5 - that change was needed because I found a problem with the plugin affecting posting replies to a topic, and that's a show-stopper for forums hence the release. That change, however, also affects the displaying of an ad when using pagination - that will be resolved in the next release.

I've put out v1.0.5a to fix this issue specifically.

v1.0.6 will have additional items for posts/pages on which ads can be displayed.

• 1 month later...

I bought the modification a few days ago because it offered a lot of possibilities. Installation and configuration without problems.

• The problem appeared with the jumping between the pages of the topic (helped to disable ajax)
  • But there is another problem which i can not find any solution.  There are not saved changes in editing posts by moderators and administrators. Save button, it works correctly but it does not save. Could You saw this problem. Version of my board 4.3.3

I am waiting for version with ads in second post

2 hours ago, Forum Opel24 said:

The problem appeared with the jumping between the pages of the topic (helped to disable ajax)

What problem appeared? Nothing much to go on here.

2 hours ago, Forum Opel24 said:

But there is another problem which i can not find any solution.  There are not saved changes in editing posts by moderators and administrators. Save button, it works correctly but it does not save. Could You saw this problem. Version of my board 4.3.3

And again...what problem exactly? There is no 'saving' involved in the plugin, other than the settings. I've just gone ahead and edited a few posts, with and without ads, and I see no issue. So, if you need further help....elaborate.

On 5/29/2018 at 8:26 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

What problem appeared? Nothing much to go on here.

When Pagination Ajax is enable and also Your mod is enable, jumping between posts is not possible. The content does not load. As on the attached screen.post_without_content.thumb.jpg.90f12ee0cf17d7a819e6d21056837636.jpg

As You can see, there is no content.

On 5/29/2018 at 8:26 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

And again...what problem exactly? There is no 'saving' involved in the plugin, other than the settings. I've just gone ahead and edited a few posts, with and without ads, and I see no issue. So, if you need further help....elaborate.

The problem is that while Your mod is enable then not save any changes in the edit posts by moderators. There are no errors, the save button work well, but after saving and refreshing the page there is no change.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...