Emoticons limit in messages

LaCollision

Hi Invision,

I can remember that in previous versions of IPS, it was possible to set the max number of emoticons in a post.

In 4.x, I can't find this setting, and I'm facing an issue: the current limit is too low for some of my members.

Am I blind, is there a setting somewhere in the ACP?

Thank you!

PS: is a customizable reputation value for reactions in the pipeline? Haha yes I know, I ask that in each of my posts :lol:

We allow up to 75 emoticon images per post. This is hardcoded and is meant to prevent issues with users maliciously linking to thousands of images on a single page (which can then cause resource issues with the server itself).

Note that this does not apply to emoji, so perhaps using emoji will be a viable alternative for your users beginning with 4.3.

4 minutes ago, bfarber said:

We allow up to 75 emoticon images per post. This is hardcoded and is meant to prevent issues with users maliciously linking to thousands of images on a single page (which can then cause resource issues with the server itself).

Note that this does not apply to emoji, so perhaps using emoji will be a viable alternative for your users beginning with 4.3.

Oh, okay, thank you for that info!

That would be great to be able to set this value as a per-group setting :) 

PS: Damn, I'll never know if a customizable reputation value for reactions will be implemented one day. If the answer is no, your descendants will be cursed for the 25 next generations

Archived