Profile as Home Page

There's no way to give a different home page depending on membership group or logged-in status but you can use permissions to display different blocks to different groups on whatever homepage you have. Unfortunately, that doesn't solve your request here. You could probably edit a template to say "if member is logged in" and then build the content of the profile page (ie something like

{template="profile" app="core" location="front" group="profile" params="$member, $mainContent, $visitors, $sidebarFields, $followers, $addWarningUrl"}

) between the tags, I suppose.

If you're looking for something similar to Facebook, I would suggest setting the Activity Steam as your homepage (ACP -> System -> Applications -> expand System -> click the star on "Content Discovery" to set this module as your default application, aka homepage). This would give a very similar feel to the Facebook News Feed.

The closest thing I can get to what I am looking for is by creating a new "Activity Stream" with specific options. One problem with this is that I do not have the option to show both "Content I started" and "Content I posted in". Thats not a big deal.

The next problem I have with this method is that I cannot make it the default stream for all users and make it their home page.

The next problem is that there is not a "Post status" or "Post Message" box at the top.

Archived