4.3 Subscriptions Requests

asigno

Awesome work with subscriptions, it could be even better with a few changes.

1. A way to feature a subscription e.g "Most Popular", especially as users like to be 'nudged' on what to select,

2. Have the ability for a free subscription which bypasses the cart pages and uses the regular sign up form. This way you can use the "Force Subscription purchase when registering" setting and show free signup alongside the paid ones. 

3. Add the ability to add HTML to the Subscription Plans' description rather than plain text. This way we could build package tables for users to easily identify the differences between the subscription models.

4. All the div containers are labeled as class="cSubscriptionGrid ipsGrid_span4" it'd be good if we could have unique IDs on each of these packages so we could style them individually with CSS.

• 3 weeks later...

On the old subscription page (4.2.x), if you forced users to see paid subscriptions as part of the registration there is a link at the bottom which says "No thanks, continue without purchasing".

This has been removed from the 4.3 version, please can this be added back in as a minimum.

Thanks

From a marketing perspective, one fatal flaw of subscriptions is that you can't place expired members into a specific group.  Rather, expired members are placed into their previous group.

Had you been able to put them into, for example an expired group, you could reach out to them again with special offers, etc. to join again.

However, once they go back into their previous group, that opportunity is lost.

25 minutes ago, jackflash said:

From a marketing perspective, one fatal flaw of subscriptions is that you can't place expired members into a specific group.  Rather, expired members are placed into their previous group.

Had you been able to put them into, for example an expired group, you could reach out to them again with special offers, etc. to join again.

However, once they go back into their previous group, that opportunity is lost.

Would a better alternative, perhaps, but a member filter that allows you to identify and target users with expired subscriptions? If so, this is already possible.

image (1).png

On 4/14/2018 at 7:40 AM, asigno said:

Yeah I wish we could use the bulk mail for auto welcomes by group, so we can specifically tailor emails by member sign up type.

That's a really good idea too.

On 4/13/2018 at 9:17 AM, bfarber said:

Would a better alternative, perhaps, but a member filter that allows you to identify and target users with expired subscriptions? If so, this is already possible.

image (1).png

Thanks for the tip.  I don't see a way to contact them as a group via mail though?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi it would be awesome if the below request can be included in to 4.3.2

2. Have the ability for a free subscription which bypasses the cart pages and uses the regular sign up form. This way you can use the "Force Subscription purchase when registering" setting and show free signup alongside the paid ones. 

Since moving to the new subscriptions my new registrations have taken a significant drop, this is due to the free subscription requiring a user to fill in the checkout page with full address details compared to the standard free account setup.

The issue is that for usability the free choice should be on the same page as the paid option. And having the free subscription is the only way I can achieve this.

Cheers

reg.JPG

Voting here for subscription SUBSCRIPTION CATEGORIES & PERMISSIONS. Right now if you have a subscription, it's visible to everyone. I would love to create a subscription for certain groups that only those groups could access.

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2018 at 11:28 AM, asigno said:

On the old subscription page (4.2.x), if you forced users to see paid subscriptions as part of the registration there is a link at the bottom which says "No thanks, continue without purchasing".

This has been removed from the 4.3 version, please can this be added back in as a minimum.

Thanks

Has this been added back? It seems pretty handy rather than creating a free subscription.

10 minutes ago, asigno said:

Nope afraid not, I don't think there's been any changes to subscriptions as yet.

It's a pity. Another thing that it's almost a must is being able to have subscriptions that you can hide from the store.

Like for example in this case, if you create a free subscription just for members to bypass a purchase, then it's a bit pointless to have it visible among the others.

And I also agree that entering the address when making a purchase should be optional (preferably by a setting that gives admin the option).

• 9 months later...

Regarding this part of the OP's request: 

I agree with the intent here, and have 2 possible fixes to suggest to IPS...

Suggested way to fix this #1 (easy to implement!)

Change the admin Subscription PlansSettings area to offer 3 choices instead of just required = yes/no...

Offer subscriptions when registering?:

1. No = Users get the standard registration or quick-registration process (whichever type you have selected in the Login & Registration settings area already).

2. Yes, as optional = Show subscriptions during registration, but include a "No thanks, continue without purchasing ->" link at the bottom just like already happens when you offer products from the "Store"module during registration but do not require a purchase. The link takes you through the standard registration or quick-registration process and DOES NOT show the checkout or billing-info/customer fields!

3. Yes, as required = Same as turning on the current "Force Subscription purchase when registering" setting.

- OR -

Suggested way to fix this #2  (my preference, more flexible)

Just make it so that when you create one or more zero-cost subscriptions, the "Subscribe Now" button for those free subscriptions actually just takes you directly into the normal registration process (either standard or quick-registration depending on your existing choice in the Login & Registration settings area).

Most importantly, these zero-cost subscriptions should not actually act like subscriptions and MUST NOT show the checkout or billing-info/customer fields!

A bonus would be to also have Subscription PlansSettings area option for "Price to display when subscription plan has no cost: [text field]" - which would allow admins to have those plans show their price as whatever they wanted... i.e. "Free!", or "No Charge", or still "$0.00", etc.

Thanks for considering,
- Kristoffer

• 2 weeks later...

Archived