Is there a quick way to delete all banned members?

crazzzydave

I seem to recall in 3.x in acp when on the members tab, you could select the banned tab then tick a box which would then select all banned members. You could then select "delete" from a drop down list.  I have 14 pages of "Banned" members from way back and these members all count towards the total number of registered users. I really want to delete all the banned/spammer user accounts as it clutters up the members tab in acp and also creates a false record of how many members we actually have (genuine members are around 3500, forum shows as having 4690!)

Surely there must be a way to quickly clean this up. Can't believe I have to delete them all one by one??

Dave

Thing is, it's giving our board false ifno. In our total members it states 4700. We have 3500 legitimate members, the rest are banned users/spammers. So would like to empty them out, because when sending bulk email, it will be slowing things up sending emails to users who are not members of the club.

I think it was @Daniel F who postd this tip a while ago...

In ACP - embers, click on the fear icon to do an advanced search. Leave all the fields blank and search to get a full list of members. Then on the tabs for Administrators, Validating etc, click on Banned an then click on Prune Members Found.

I only found this recently and haven't tried it myself yet.

20 hours ago, GlenP said:

I think it was @Daniel F who postd this tip a while ago...

In ACP - embers, click on the fear icon to do an advanced search. Leave all the fields blank and search to get a full list of members. Then on the tabs for Administrators, Validating etc, click on Banned an then click on Prune Members Found.

I only found this recently and haven't tried it myself yet.

Mate, you're a legend! That's done the trick, got rid of the banned and the spammers, worked a treat. Mega appreciated!!

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Archived