Memory Fatal Error (only on forums, not other apps)

senators24

Just recently all of my users are reporting either a timed out white page when accessing the home page, or they get errors like these:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php on line 114

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Db/Db.php on line 877

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40960 bytes) in /home/***/public_html/movie-land/init.php on line 521

Any other pages/app works perfectly fine. This started happening out of no-where. I notice PHP spikes CPU usage, and it'll stay like that for maybe 45 minutes, and then drop down, and the homepage is accessible for 5-10 minutes. Any other website on my server that uses PHP is having no issues. 

Instantly I figured I had to raise the memory limit in php.ini  even though there is something trying to allocate very little bytes compared to what's allowed.

I've tried disabling all tweaks hooks and applications and reverting to the default theme. I've tried rebooting the server, clearing caches, changing PHP versions and handlers. Even repairing and optimizing tables in phpmyadmin. I'm stumped, is it a memory leak on index.php? database issue?

System log from ACP shows this (sometimes up to 1500 lines per log)

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Member/Group.php(109): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(23, 'g_id', NULL)
#1 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(19935): IPS\Member\_Group::load(23)
#2 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->userLinkFromData(15270, 'De De', 'de-de', 23)
#3 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(3099): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('userLinkFromDat...', Array)
#4 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_widgets->whosOnline(Array, 15, 25, 0, 'horizontal')
#5 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('whosOnline', Array)
#6 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Widget/Widget.php(233): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#7 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/applications/core/widgets/whosOnline.php(132): IPS\_Widget->output(Array, 15, 25, 0)
#8 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Widget/Widget.php(800): IPS\core\widgets\_whosOnline->render()
#9 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(20532): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#10 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->widgetContainer('footer', 'horizontal')
#11 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(5953): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('widgetContainer', Array)
#12 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate('36f4f2cc58dfdd3...', '\n\n<section id='...', Array)
#13 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Output/Output.php(623): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#14 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/init.php(555): IPS\_Output->error('Something went ...', 'EX0', 500, NULL, Array, 'OutOfRangeExcep...', NULL)
#15 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Widget/Widget.php(809): IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(OutOfRangeException))
#16 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(20532): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#17 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->widgetContainer('footer', 'horizontal')
#18 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(5953): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('widgetContainer', Array)
#19 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate('36f4f2cc58dfdd3...', '\n\n<section id='...', Array)
#20 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Output/Output.php(623): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#21 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/init.php(555): IPS\_Output->error('Something went ...', 'EX0', 500, NULL, Array, 'OutOfRangeExcep...', NULL)
#22 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Widget/Widget.php(809): IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(OutOfRangeException))
#23 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(20532): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#24 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->widgetContainer('footer', 'horizontal')
#25 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(5953): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('widgetContainer', Array)
#26 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate('Movie Land', '\n<div class='ip...', Array)
#27 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(166): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#28 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(103): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#29 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(571): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#30 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(148): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#31 /home/***/public_html/movie-land/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#32 {main}

Have you customised your themes? It looks like the who's online widget is breaking, which is causing an infinite loop of trying and failing to display the error page.

There should also be entries in the System Log in ACP (on the support page, in the bottom right) which give more details of the original error triggering it.

5 minutes ago, Colonel_mortis said:

Have you customised your themes? It looks like the who's online widget is breaking, which is causing an infinite loop of trying and failing to display the error page.

There should also be entries in the System Log in ACP (on the support page, in the bottom right) which give more details of the original error triggering it.

Thanks for the reply. I do have a custom theme, but even on the default IPS theme, this is happening. I just removed the who's online widget to see.

I also have this error in ACP (Which support is looking into)

Maintenance tasks

The following tasks appear to be locking frequently: gatewayPending.
Please run them manually. If you require assistance with any errors shown please contact technical support.

Which might be causing the hang time. I've unlocked it ran it, but it keeps locking. I don't have any issues with Nexus payments though.

Archived