Ideas about Members not showing after conversion

Bill Wyatt

Hello fellow Invisioncommunity members. I'm an old, impatient, busy man. I run 50 websites on 5 servers and decided to move an old SMF forum here. I swear I think if I could get 20 minutes at one stretch with a competent tech, my issues would be over. Unfortunately, the ticket system here doesn't seem to agree with me. After 3 frustrating days, my forum is moved and everything is visible. The last unsolved issue is critical, all my forum members are listed as "Guest (Old Member name)" by their posts. There are no members listed under member groups and the "Guests" are not listed under the Guest group. Apparently, it's scotch time in Forest, VA and everyone has gone for the day. The ticket thread on this issue is not getting a response. My conversion is listed as "complete" and marked "done" but my boards are unusable in this state.

Please don't ask me to submit a support ticket. I have one open already. My question to my peers is this - Does anyone have any experience with this issue and is there anything you would recommend from that experience that would enlighten me as to how to resolve the problem?  

Well this isn't encouraging. No response at all! In case someone else has this issue, the first tech ran out of suggestions and declared it a bug in the software and needed to reach out to a dev for assistance. The dev saw the problem right away. The conversion had not been done in the exact sequence required to obtain the desires results. Once he explained the order, I repeated the conversion process and everything turned out fine.

Archived