LibterForumsIcons (Font Awesome icons for forums)

On 21.03.2018 at 4:10 PM, Joy Rex said:

Does this use FontAwesome 4 or 5, and if using 5, is it using webfonts or the JS+SVG implementation?

Plugin just replaces default icons like <i class="fa fa-comments"></i> with <i class="classes defined in acp"></i>. It works with FontAwesome 4 or 5 using SVG or Web Fonts depending on Font Awesome version included in your globalTemplate (it's 4 by default).

So... your plugin basically gives a control panel for the icons that are (presumably) hard-coded in the default IPS template? I'm surprised IPS doesn't have a control panel in the ACP to do that already!

One thing to note - some of the icon classes have changed with FA5, as does the main FA class - it's no longer just "fa" but now can be "fas" (font awesome solid), "far" (font awesome solid), and "fab" (font awesome brands). Does your plugin change all the classes inside the 

<i>

element to account for this?

8 hours ago, Joy Rex said:

So... your plugin basically gives a control panel for the icons that are (presumably) hard-coded in the default IPS template?

Does your plugin change all the classes inside the 

<i>

element to account for this?

Exactly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 6/30/2019 at 12:43 AM, beats23 said:

could you add option to use png icons instead of FA icons?

639234245_ScreenShot2019-06-29at23_42_37.thumb.png.dcff2626de59c41ddc9452bdff9b54de.png

Invision Community supports PNG icons out of the box.

On 5/22/2020 at 2:23 PM, Mercury5 said:

Does this work for 4.4? 

Is this the same as the 'old' forum icons app?

Yes, it should still work.

I don't know the "old" forum icons app so unfortunately I can't answer this 😕