(Pages) Use a gateway under your suite root

Veilon

Hi everyone.

I want use a gateway under your suite root, but page the support

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/suite-applications/pages/tips-tricks/advanced-using-pages-under-your-community-root-r244/

is not working.

No one accidentally left the code that must be entered in the constants.php. Thank You!

• 1 year later...

This functionality is no longer available.

If you wish for your site root to use Pages, install the community software in your site root and set Pages as the default application. All other applications will be available under dedicated subfolders like /forums and /gallery.

13 minutes ago, Iann said:

So your saying move the /forums folder to the root? Everything is working great, just want to move away from our static html page biased website.

Yeah - what happens if your site is already installed in a /forums folder at your root?

That's actually perfect.

If you move the content of your /forums folder to the root, and then make Pages the default application, then your Forums will be available at /forums ... i.e. no URL changes at all will occur as far as spiders and end users are concerned.

4 hours ago, bfarber said:

That's actually perfect.

If you move the content of your /forums folder to the root, and then make Pages the default application, then your Forums will be available at /forums ... i.e. no URL changes at all will occur as far as spiders and end users are concerned.

That's good to know!

In my case, my forum URL is forum.watmm.com and I wanted to start using Pages with the main page being watmm.com and have the forums at watmm.com/forum - is it still the case of moving the IPS install from inside /forums to the root (and of course changing the config)?

Archived