Enhanced Widgets ( Support Topic )

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Steph40 said:

Probably a stupid question and I am probably just to tired to see it but I am trying to translate Recent Topics to Messages Récents but I can’t seem to find the language string for it, where is it? :p 

It's in the widget settings you can choose all your own bits & pieces

UvTTFun.png

Edited by TheJackal84
  • 3 months later...

I just bought and installed this on my test forum on 4.3.4. I particularly wanted it for the sidebar (not dual) block for Recent Posts.

I have the following problems:

- It doesn’t show any recent posts (how recent is recent?), it’s just empty
- Any block added below it becomes embedded inside the Recent Posts block
- If I try to put any block above the Recent Posts block, it doesn’t show any blocks at all except for the title of Recent Posts...
- It moves the bottom breadcrumbs and Unread/Mark as Read and RSS icon to the sidebar under Recent Posts.

??? :smile:

50 minutes ago, Millipede said:

I just bought and installed this on my test forum on 4.3.4. I particularly wanted it for the sidebar (not dual) block for Recent Posts.

- If I try to put any block above the Recent Posts block, it doesn’t show any blocks at all except for the title of Recent Posts...
- It moves the bottom breadcrumbs and Unread/Mark as Read and RSS icon to the sidebar under Recent Posts.

I'll check it out tonight and get back to you :biggrin:

On 4/2/2018 at 12:46 AM, Steph40 said:

Thank you

Sorry, I forgot about this, I have added the translatable language and will release a update either later tonight or tomorrow with it, Sometimes all these requests come away from me if I don't write it in my notes straight away

3 hours ago, Millipede said:

Everything seems fine on my localhost and live site, uninstall it and then re-install it and see

I've just tried uninstalling and re-installing it. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work properly... It now only works if I select all forums (which didn't work before), but it still does the same as before if I don't select all forums and I select one or two. This is what happens:

enhanced-widgets.thumb.png.c5b2dc0b87142edce04839041eae9085.png

Yours is the only plugin I can find that shows all latest replies, not just one but all. I just wish they could include a line or two of the text of the reply. There is another plugin that does do that (but doesn't say it's compatible with 4.3), but it too doesn't work properly on 4.3 unless you select all forums.

1 hour ago, TheJackal84 said:

Sorry, I forgot about this, I have added the translatable language and will release a update either later tonight or tomorrow with it, Sometimes all these requests come away from me if I don't write it in my notes straight away

Everything seems fine on my localhost and live site, uninstall it and then re-install it and see

No prob, I don’t know how you keep up with all your stuff and still come up with new ones, will wait for new release.

I've just tried uninstalling and re-installing it. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work properly... It now only works if I select all forums (which didn't work before), but it still does the same as before if I don't select all forums and I select one or two. This is what happens:

OK I have made some changes to them anyway for the update, added lots more of settings to the main widgets as well, these all should be OK from them on

Yours is the only plugin I can find that shows all latest replies, not just one but all. I just wish they could include a line or two of the text of the reply

I can maybe look into making another widget what will have that

2 hours ago, Steph40 said:

No prob, I don’t know how you keep up with all your stuff and still come up with new ones, will wait for new release. 

When I was younger and didn't have kids, I partied hard and would sleep probably about 2 hours a night some nights no sleep just go straight to work from the club I left lol, and even now ( I don't party no where near what I used to ) but I hardly sleep so I actually have a lot more hours in my day then most other people lol

Edited by TheJackal84
17 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

When I was younger and didn't have kids, I partied hard and would sleep probably about 2 hours a night some nights no sleep just go straight to work from the club I left lol, and even now ( I don't party no where near what I used to ) but I hardly sleep so I actually have a lot more hours in my day then most other people lol

I worked full time at night and was full time at university, now at 47, I just wat to sleep ?

6 minutes ago, Millipede said:

You're magical, thank you so much!

Just a teensy weensy question, please... will there also be a topic title from where the replies have been posted in?

I will change the bit where it says what forum it is in to the topic title, that will also be a clickable link to the actual post itself

Updated to 1.0.3

New Widgets & Features

• Added another recent post widget showing 3 lines of the users reply
  • Added lots more settings to the topic & post widgets
  • Added translatable language strings to the widget headers

Bug Fix

• Fixed the bug where it didn't show any posts when selecting to show them from certain forums
Edited by TheJackal84

Yay, it works fine now! And, oh, bliss to have Recent Posts! Thanks, thanks, thanks! :biggrin:

This might be asking too much, but might there be any chance of having the name of the forum the post is in? The forum name doesn't have to be bold or clickable, though.

On 7/3/2018 at 5:19 PM, Millipede said:

Yay, it works fine now! And, oh, bliss to have Recent Posts! Thanks, thanks, thanks! :biggrin:

This might be asking too much, but might there be any chance of having the name of the forum the post is in? The forum name doesn't have to be bold or clickable, though.

Sorry, I missed this post, Yeah that's OK I will sort it for the next update