The IPS alpa/beta Bug Tracker

Trying to duplicate their Bug Tracker for our forum:

https://invisioncommunity.com/4bugtrack/

Pretty much everything working except for two things:

1. When you click on Create New Bug there is a text box entitled "Writing helpful bug reports".  How do I add a similar section to my "Create New Bug" page?
  2. In my Create New Bug page above the Title input box is a field that looks like
    URL: https://example.com/bug-reports-r#  [Change]
    How do I get rid of this line?

Probably this will require editing templates?

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Panozzo said:

When you click on Create New Bug there is a text box entitled "Writing helpful bug reports".  How do I add a similar section to my "Create New Bug" page?

I assume it’s a block they manually added to the form template. 
Maybe just add it to the sidebar as WYSIWYG block if that’s easier for you. 

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Panozzo said:
  1. In my Create New Bug page above the Title input box is a field that looks like
    URL: https://example.com/bug-reports-r#  [Change]
    How do I get rid of this line?

This only shows to admins. Don’t worry about it.  

• Management
13 minutes ago, Jonathan Panozzo said:

Thank you for the reply.

In their sidebar it says, "The IPS4 bug tracker is made with our Pages app without any custom modifications. You can do this and a whole lot more very easily using Pages on your own site."

Wouldn't a manually added block to the form template be considered a "custom modification"?

That is just a WYSIWYG editor block from the Pages app.

13piczv.png

17 minutes ago, Jonathan Panozzo said:

In their sidebar it says, "The IPS4 bug tracker is made with our Pages app without any custom modifications. You can do this and a whole lot more very easily using Pages on your own site."

Wouldn't a manually added block to the form template be considered a "custom modification"?

Can be seen both way. Not sure there is any point in debating this. 
Adding blocks to templates is a core function if one want to see it this way. The color badges also require “custom template code”. But that code goes in the field specifically made for this purpose. So again it could be seen both ways. 

1 minute ago, Charles said:

That is just a WYSIWYG editor block from the Pages app.

That wasn’t the block he meant. He meant the one shown when adding a new bug report. 

1 minute ago, opentype said:

Not sure there is any point in debating this

Not debating at all.  Spent a lot of time learning how to do things and couldn't find a standard solution to the added text when Adding a new record.  The IPS framework is very powerful and we're learning to appreciate it more and more.

The code to tweak the badge color, etc., took a while to figure out, but implemented via Custom Format field display option.

7 minutes ago, Jonathan Panozzo said:

Not debating at all.

Agree, it's interesting how things can be done. Especially how they added the text over the "Create New Bug field". In general it would be nice to have more efforts from IPB's side to show us how to extend the pages suite.

Archived