Still need serious help on new applicants!

Big Smoke

Almost two weeks ago I asked how i could re assign the group a new member of the forums is assigned to. As they are currently assigned to the "Member" group when they should be assigned to the "Applicant" group. We have a few days until we're expecting a large amount of new sign ups and I would like them to be placed into the correct group ie. "Applicant" automatically when they sign up, because at the moment i have to manually go through the list of new sign ups and change their group from "member" to "applicant" (VERY TEDIOUS!) 

Please help!! 

3 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

Almost two weeks ago I asked how i could re assign the group a new member of the forums is assigned to. As they are currently assigned to the "Member" group when they should be assigned to the "Applicant" group. We have a few days until we're expecting a large amount of new sign ups and I would like them to be placed into the correct group ie. "Applicant" automatically when they sign up, because at the moment i have to manually go through the list of new sign ups and change their group from "member" to "applicant" (VERY TEDIOUS!) 

Please help!! 

Can ask why can't rename member group to the group called applicant and make new group called members.

I didn't think they would as its something to do with the forum settings? I just wana know how I can change it haha.

Just now, Pete T said:

Can ask why can't rename member group to the group called applicant and make new group called members.

I'm not sure what you mean, how do i transfer the entire list of people that are currently members to a new group and then the list of current applicants to the "old member" group which i would rename to applicants.

5 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

I didn't think they would as its something to do with the forum settings? I just wana know how I can change it haha.

I'm not sure what you mean, how do i transfer the entire list of people that are currently members to a new group and then the list of current applicants to the "old member" group which i would rename to applicants.

Ok lets start again why do need all members be called applicants ? is there different settings for that group vs the default members settings ? 

1 minute ago, Pete T said:

Ok lets start again why do need all members be called applicants ? is there different settings for that group vs the default members settings ? 

Basically, I have a clan on a game and the forums are used for us to communicate. We take in new players every 3 months, but when a new person signs up on the forums, they are instantly placed into our "member" group when we want them to be assigned to our "applicant" group first, because we have to interview them and make a decision before they get taken into our clan. Thats when they become a member and we then give them a member rank so we assign them to the "member" group. 

The problem we have at the moment is that all new sign ups are instantly assigned to the "member" group and I don't know how to change it, because I have to manually re assign them to the applicant group which is very tedious!

6 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

Basically, I have a clan on a game and the forums are used for us to communicate. We take in new players every 3 months, but when a new person signs up on the forums, they are instantly placed into our "member" group when we want them to be assigned to our "applicant" group first, because we have to interview them and make a decision before they get taken into our clan. Thats when they become a member and we then give them a member rank so we assign them to the "member" group. 

The problem we have at the moment is that all new sign ups are instantly assigned to the "member" group and I don't know how to change it, because I have to manually re assign them to the applicant group which is very tedious!

Are you self hosted customer or cloud customer ? so provide small tweak that might work.

Just now, opentype said:

It’s defined in a configuration file on the file system. If you are cloud customer, you cannot change that yourself. Open a support ticket with IPS and ask them if they change it for you. 

Opened a ticket with IPS, I just pray that they get back to me in the next few days lol

3 minutes ago, opentype said:

It’s defined in a configuration file on the file system. If you are cloud customer, you cannot change that yourself. Open a support ticket with IPS and ask them if they change it for you. 

yeah this why asked if self or not because then change the ID number.

Archived