Random Content

About This File

This widget will display random content from all contents available on your board, like Forums topics, Gallery images, Downloads files, Blog entries, Calendar events and Pages records. It also will display records from any 3rd party app that meets the requirement for IPS4 Content, such as Tutorials, Videos System, VideoBox, Raffles, Quizzes, Crowdfunding, etc.

Hi

Tried to use widget on files page (downloads)

widget is set to show files (on actual files page). Dropped it horizontally right under normal stuff there (see screen shot pointing to where I put it)

Screenshot provided in "about this file" for random block widget shows that files should look as attached. but instead it looks nothing like this. Did not look right. Was doing a vertical view even in horizontally placed block and also formatted as if topic instead of files. Needs to look like screen shot.

Please help.

Thank you :)

files.JPG

here.JPG

59 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You're saying FILES PAGE but it seems to be Downloads Index,right? If so, works fine:

It will show this template regardless the page it is dropped; it's the orientation it takes into consideration.

I thank you for the video. Your video shows exactly what I want. However, on my site it does something different even if I follow exactly as you did it here.

Any ideas?

No, sorry. It's a widget. It recognizes the orientation (vertical or horizontal).

Did you try to clear cache, reinstall, etc?

The only reason for this happen, according to the script, is missing the File Feed widgets in your Donwloads install, which I don't believe, then it would use the list template I've done.

@Kjell Iver Johansen, do you have Downloads? Can you test this above if you do?

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Display Block permissions doesn't work like expected. I added 3 random content blocks to my forum front page, all have set no permission for guests. But 2 are showing to guests, 1 not.

I guess this application just takes the permission I gave in the applications by self and overwrites what I choose in the random content block setting. Could you check this please. Thanks.

Edit: I surround this adding the random content in a page block and set the permission there. But users without pages application will not have this opportunity.

Edited by Ramsesx

Hi Adriano, if I have a random image block and click on an image using a tablet the image is not loading on the first time. Only after a page reload.

On a mobile phone there is no close button for the image and it's looking some kind of weird too.

Could you check this please? Thanks.

tabletview.png.c705f4e82345177052915ae823830b38.png

On 6/25/2018 at 4:28 PM, Ramsesx said:

if I have a random image block and click on an image using a tablet the image is not loading on the first time. Only after a page reload. 

On a mobile phone there is no close button for the image and it's looking some kind of weird too.

I can confirm this. Probably missing a JS there. Will take a look today/tomorrow.

• 3 months later...