Undo merge or create redirect to new URL

Duken

Damn, i did something stupid. I merged an old topic to the new one..... Wrong way  :( this old topic is very populair on google. Now the topic is gone and i wish i could undo this.

I think you cant undo a merge. So i need to redirect the old URL to the new topic id / URL.

How can i do this?! Hope there is someone with a Solution..... Regards!

Well it looks good :) . I could find that @opentype ?

For visitors: My new .htaccess file (bold) is added. I added two because of a rename of the topic.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
Options -MultiViews
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /forums/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule \.(js|css|jpeg|jpg|gif|png|ico)(\?|$) /forums/404error.php [L,NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /forums/index.php [L]
redirect 301 /forums/topic/35332-formule-1-op-pc-kijken-via-streams-zonder-ziggo/ /forums/topic/36172-formule-1-2018-kijken-via-live-streams-zonder-ziggo/
redirect 301 /forums/topic/35332-formule-1-2017-op-pc-kijken-via-streams-zonder-ziggo/ /forums/topic/36172-formule-1-2018-kijken-via-live-streams-zonder-ziggo/

</IfModule>

No, I wasn't suggesting it to you, sorry for hijacking your thread but today a mod on my site merged two threads the wrong way, just like you did.

I also applied the redirection solution (it's not the first time this happens to us), but in the back of my mind I was thinking that it would be nice if we could simply change the topic ID (via query or other way).

So, I'm also asking if it's possible at all. :)

Archived