[Feature request] Insert links on special keywords

LaCollision

Hi,

In order to optimize our communities for SEO, that would be great to have the ability to insert links on special keywords.

In the admin CP, we could have a list of keywords, each associated to a link.

For instance, if I have a page on my website about Ferrari cars, I would like to be able to link the word "Ferrari" to that page about Ferrari.

Then, each time a member writes the word "Ferrari" in his posts, that would create automatically a link to that page (only if that word is not already in a link, of course).

Would it be possible?

Note: even better, only the first occurrence of this word would have a link. Otherwise, that would create too many links (imagine a post where the word "Ferrari" is written 20 times).

Thank you! :) 

If by any chance Invision is interested in developing such a feature, here are my 2 cents on how it should work:

• As I said above, only one instance of a keyword should have a link (for instance the 1st one in a post). Otherwise, that would create too many links, which is really bad for SEO.

• If I have for instance the keywords "Ferrari cars" and "Ferrari", the longest keyword should take precedence over the others (the link should be created on "Ferrari cars" and not "Ferrari").

• In the admin CP, for easier management, it would be great to be able to define several keywords for one link.

• It would be also great to be able to define a "nofollow" option for the created links.

• The created links should not appear in the content of messages, i.e. if a member edits his post afterwards, the links should not appear.

• If a link is modified after that posts have been created with the associated keyword, then the link should be modified accordingly, without having to re-edit the members posts.

Thank you! :) 

Archived